Need tutorial for custom items and pet

We're sorely lacking in tutorials. I meant to start doing some, but life put the pedal to the metal, so now I have no time :(

This person is also wanting to make a pet for their character. Maybe you can help each other out?

If you're new, I'd suggest you start at the newcomer post. It will save you from going insane in the beginning, and show you how to search the forums most efficiently. It also has the simplest armor I could make. It doesn't include the uncompiled animations, though. Try searching the forum for item tutorial or custom item tutorial, and see what comes up.

This is the best I can find for pets. Try searching the forums for the word "pet" and see what happens.

Here's a Custom Character Sound Tutorial.

On 26.10.2019 at 3:26 AM, Ultroman said:

We're sorely lacking in tutorials. I meant to start doing some, but life put the pedal to the metal, so now I have no time :(

This person is also wanting to make a pet for their character. Maybe you can help each other out?

If you're new, I'd suggest you start at the newcomer post. It will save you from going insane in the beginning, and show you how to search the forums most efficiently. It also has the simplest armor I could make. It doesn't include the uncompiled animations, though. Try searching the forum for item tutorial or custom item tutorial, and see what comes up.

This is the best I can find for pets. Try searching the forums for the word "pet" and see what happens.

Here's a Custom Character Sound Tutorial.

Thanks a lot for reply i was busy and i cant spend my time for dst but it would be helpful. I am not new at coding but english is not my main language and also i don't stady some kind of coding thing but if i can just find an example or a guide to explain to use of codes i believe i can handle. I believe if i stuck at somewhere i can trust on your help. Thanks again.

Howdy. I have created "pet" with Maxwell's code. But my pet is a clone (other humanoid form based on regular size of vanilla characters) of main character. I have tried to make custom stategraph connected with custom animations, but I just had a huge break and this information became sorta rusty for me. Maybe when I will be back in business, I could make tutorial for follower/pet. Have a good day !

Just now, Yakuzashi said:

Howdy. I have created "pet" with Maxwell's code. But my pet is a clone (other humanoid form based on regular size of vanilla characters) of main character. I have tried to make custom stategraph connected with custom animations, but I just had a huge break and this information became sorta rusty for me. Maybe when I will be back in business, I could make tutorial for follower/pet. Have a good day !

That would be great im waiting for it

well im stuck at somepoint

elseif inst.level >10 and inst.level <=20 then
	inst.components.health.maxhealth = math.ceil (55)
	inst.components.hunger.max = math.ceil (55)
	inst.components.sanity.max = math.ceil (55)
	inst.SoundEmitter:PlaySound("kitsura/characters/kitsura/level up")

here is part of my level code

i want to use this music when my chracter levels up but when i use this it replay it everytime he gets exp i dont know how to make

Hi, sorry for late response. Unfortunatelly I have no idea about coding at all, despite that I had tried a lot. Still I will try to start follower/pet tutorial this evening and maybe tomorrow it will be ready, I can't promise that however I will do my best. Cheers!

im thinking something like

elseif inst.level >10 and inst.level <=20 then
	inst.components.health.maxhealth = math.ceil (55)
	inst.components.hunger.max = math.ceil (55)
	inst.components.sanity.max = math.ceil (55)
    inst:AddTag("levelup") then inst:RemoveTag("levelup")

if inst:HasTag("levelup") then
	inst.SoundEmitter:PlaySound("kitsura/characters/kitsura/level up")
  end

i hope something like this will work but im not sure