(Hamlet) Make ruins vines take 20 days to regrow

In their current state, the vines in the ruins serve as more of an annoyance rather than an obstacle, as they regrow the instant you leave the ruins. If you get unlucky and have a particularly long path to the other side of them, you'll likely end up trapping yourself. A regrowth period of 20 days would make more sense, as nothing else but Giant Grubs also respawn instantly (which I've mentioned in another topic). The vines used to stay chopped, but for some reason, they're regrowing again, and I have to question why.

On 23/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, Thieverpedia said:

In their current state, the vines in the ruins serve as more of an annoyance rather than an obstacle, as they regrow the instant you leave the ruins. If you get unlucky and have a particularly long path to the other side of them, you'll likely end up trapping yourself. A regrowth period of 20 days would make more sense, as nothing else but Giant Grubs also respawn instantly (which I've mentioned in another topic). The vines used to stay chopped, but for some reason, they're regrowing again, and I have to question why.

I completely agree with you, I have the same feeling.

The only reason I can see for them regrowing is to make Aporkalypse challenging in the ruins, since you can be trapped in some rooms with a lot of ghosts in it. Appart from that, I don't see the point and it's more an annoyance if anything.

Making them regrow in 20 days seems a lot more reasonable, even though since Hamlet mostly revolves around time periods of approximately 10 days, this could be set to 10 days. The fact that when you leave the ruins, they instantly come back for your way back is ridiculous in my opinion.

Also, as a fun fact, I once got literally trapped in the ruins. I tend to build a telelocator focus near the aporkalypse calendar to reset it as I please. I killed the ancient herald a few times then when I was done I teleported to the calendar but I didnt have anything to cut the vines so I basically got trapped inside. I had to cheat my way out of it by spawning a machete ... The fact that being stuck is possible is probably not intended.

Archived