Can't put my item into chest

Recently I created my second mod and everything appear to be working, but I found out that my function that makes my item unpickable for other characters crushing my game while putted into chest or at the fight agains toadstool.

The game says smth wrong with inventory-dropitem line (nil value). I suggest that non-player inventory such as chest's don't have inventory as their variable.

inst.components.inventoryitem.onputininventoryfn = function(inst, player)
    if player.prefab ~= "bibi" then   
    inst:DoTaskInTime(0.01, function()       
    player.components.inventory:DropItem(inst)        
    player.components.talker:Say("I don't want to cut of my toes with it!") 
end)    

end
end

The onputininventory function is called pretty much any time an item gets a new "owner", be it another player or some container. It's specifically called in Container:GiveItem.

if in_slot then
            --weird case where we are trying to force a stack into a non-stacking container. this should probably have been handled earlier, but this is a failsafe        
            if not self.acceptsstacks and item.components.stackable and item.components.stackable:StackSize() > 1 then
                item = item.components.stackable:Get()
                self.slots[in_slot] = item
                item.components.inventoryitem:OnPutInInventory(self.inst)
                self.inst:PushEvent("itemget", { slot = in_slot, item = item, src_pos = src_pos })
                return false
            end

self.inst:PushEvent("itemget", { slot = in_slot, item = item, src_pos = src_pos })

if not self.ignoresound and self.inst.components.inventoryitem ~= nil and self.inst.components.inventoryitem.owner ~= nil then
                self.inst.components.inventoryitem.owner:PushEvent("gotnewitem", { item = item, slot = in_slot })
            end

return true
        end

You can add another condition to your function to verify that the owner is a player, so it'll skip trying to call the function if the new owner is a container:

if player:HasTag("player") and player.prefab ~= "bibi" then   
		end)    
	end
end

8 hours ago, ShinyMoogle said:

The onputininventory function is called pretty much any time an item gets a new "owner", be it another player or some container. It's specifically called in Container:GiveItem.

if in_slot then
            --weird case where we are trying to force a stack into a non-stacking container. this should probably have been handled earlier, but this is a failsafe        
            if not self.acceptsstacks and item.components.stackable and item.components.stackable:StackSize() > 1 then
                item = item.components.stackable:Get()
                return false
            end

if not self.ignoresound and self.inst.components.inventoryitem ~= nil and self.inst.components.inventoryitem.owner ~= nil then
                self.inst.components.inventoryitem.owner:PushEvent("gotnewitem", { item = item, slot = in_slot })
            end

return true
        end

You can add another condition to your function to verify that the owner is a player, so it'll skip trying to call the function if the new owner is a container:

if player:HasTag("player") and player.prefab ~= "bibi" then   
		end)    
	end
end

I really appreciate your help, but I think you should definetly check Jessie's code. It seem to be easier. Anyway thank you :3