New Character Suggestion - Rock Lobster

Since Klei has been adding new characters to the game, I'm seriously considering them adding a Rock Lobster Character. For one, their name could be Walstromite which is the name of a rock of course. Their drawbacks could included decreased effects from food, but the ability to eat rocks sorta along the lines of Wartox and Wormwoods negatives. More rare rocks like gems and gold should give more hunger and could even give special bonuses to health and sanity depending on the mineral consumed. Klei could even go so far as to make a rockpot for specifically mineral based meals made from different arrangements of rocks and gems that only Walstromite and access. To make them more interesting and like their lobster friends, they should also have the ability to temporarily hide in their shell. This would be followed by a brief cool down to prevent abuse. When in hiding they should have at least a 70% damage absorption and no more than 90% for more balancing. Additionally this character should have substantial health perhaps even upwards of 250 hp. Furthermore, they should receive a heavily nerfed - but not totally gone - negative sanity drain in the dark as Rock lobsters live in caves. To balance their positives this character should definitely move noticeably slower to fit more as a tank type of character.

Please tell me if this idea seems valid and give suggestions for improvement. I really think a character like Walstromite fits well in the constant.

16 hours ago, M_Reo_R said:

rockpot

I feel like Klei would make this just for all the pun opportunities.

But in all seriousness, this is a really good concept for a character! Solid strengths, good drawbacks. As a small suggestion to make the drawbacks more immersive, I propose you tie the speed penalty to health percentage, starting at -20 and dropping even more as he loses health.

Archived