(Idea) Crows nest

I have an idea for another boat structure, the crows nest.

It can be crafted at the sea station (forgot the name) for x8 twigs 2x rope and 2x boards, it can be attached to a mast and can be climbed up on to. When you're on the crows nest, your screen zooms out and you can see more, another detail is that maybe the fog of war radius can be expanded as well?

I would like to think that maybe the crows nest would be a multiplayer focused item, because using it is a risk if you're on your own because maybe it would take 3-4 seconds to ascend and 1 second to descend.

Having something like a crows nest would make sailing go from a 2 person job (steering, and managing sails/anchor) to a three person job, and honestly i would love to see that.

You would join the server's sailing crew and sail around the world in search of salt and the legendary malbatros. One person mans the wheel, one person mans the sails, and another is the lookout. I would love to see this included, maybe it can expand the FoW by x1.5 and let you zoom out the same amount, that would help with avoiding sea stacks that come out of no where

Archived