Ethynol power and cooling

Hi Guys,

I am trying to follow this video brothgar, I wanted to produce electricty and plus cool my base. But unfortunately he wasnt able to clearly explain his electricity setup, not sure where to hook up the transformers. Can someone help me figure this one out. Thanks

I am not sure how he was powering is aquatuner...

5d9c1b535e7e3_Transformerinvacuumsetup.thumb.png.4ea8b8af7a584256b4a03a683a31a8b7.png

This is how I usually handle the power transformers. Each floor of my base I have a level that puts out power for the level. This is an old photo though, now I usually have 1-2 small transformers on a single wire/conductive wire respectively. Let me see if I can find a saved copy of that set up. (Apparently I haven't so let me go grab one real fast.)

5d9c1ce595fed_DoubleSmallTransformer.png.57bf6796cde496345cbd0dd99b181f35.png

As you can see, both small transformers are on a single conductive line, while the heaviwatt powers both. This way the conductive wire can be ensured to only have a max draw of 2 kW. You can do a similar setup with 5 large transformers to step down from conductive heaviwatt to heaviwatt if you want, I suppose.

That's likely the case. I'm not sure as I couldn't follow the video, but due to the setup I know 2 things: He's not using a heaviwatt, and it has to be conductive with either 2 small transformers or one large transformer. If it's the only thing on the wire then a large transformer is fine, as it won't overload it ever, but 2 small transformers is cheaper, and safer. They just take up 2 more tiles of space.

1 hour ago, Oni Noob said:

I was to make this work but I am not sure what I am doing wrong but it doesnt cool that fast. I think the highest temperature I got is around 28c

If you watch brothgar's video carefully it takes quite a long time the way he's doing it.

First it takes a long time to fill the water pipes.

Second, heating hydrogen from electrolysis & then consuming that h2 with the generator: you just don't move much heat this way, for a few reasons. The A/T will not run very much.

It is a gradual cooling, but efficient, and a feasible way to delete some heat for low power cost, in the early game with only a small amount of refined metal available.

Just now, avc15 said:

If you watch brothgar's video carefully it takes quite a long time the way he's doing it.

First it takes a long time to fill the water pipes.

Second, heating hydrogen from electrolysis & then consuming that h2 with the generator: you just don't move much heat this way, for a few reasons. The A/T will not run very much.

It is a gradual cooling, but efficient, and a feasible way to delete some heat for low power cost, in the early game with only a small amount of refined metal available.

On my setup I am losing water, Should the petro generator running 100% of the time?

Sorry this is not my setup and I don't know it that well. I am not certain but I don't think the petroleum generator has to run full time, however, your battery shouldn't be running out or you have a power shortage.

Just now, avc15 said:

Sorry this is not my setup and I don't know it that well. I am not certain but I don't think the petroleum generator has to run full time, however, your battery shouldn't be running out or you have a power shortage.

Do you use the same principle? Maybe you could share your setup :)

Archived