Using multiple characters in a solo game

Hi, I play actually on solo with WX. Im on day 1250 and I wonder what can I bring from the others, and then come back and be able to use everything even if I dont own the craft possibility. 

So Im thinking on catapults, I already been Warly, and I'll do it again, Wigfried's helmet.... But theres maybe more.

Could you please help me to find out any good things I could bring ? I take every idea, I have a lot of ressources or I will, and I'll be glad to change character for a while. Thanks !

willow ---> willows lighter and bernie

wickerbottom ---> books (you can use "applied horticulture" to farm stuff, then switch back. you can also use "on tentacles" to make a tentacle trap and then switch back)

wormwood ---> spiky armor, spiky traps, living logs

Winona ---> trusty tape

On one hand is the fun of the change of gameplay style, although at such a high day count it won't make a big difference.

A few common usages:

• Winona and the catapults, for easier boss farming, shadow monkey farming, and catapult boats.
  • Wendy and evil flowers sanity station. Full details here
  • Warly for the mass bundled spiced foods.
  • Wickerbottom for mass grinding grass and twigs to last for years. I suppose tentacle farms add nothing at that point in the game, but you can have fun summoning birds and killing them to collect more krampus sacks. If you do it in winter over the right turf, you can also mass collect the feathers required for crafting darts, which you can later use as main weapon with a stronger character like Wolfgang, for massive ranged DPS.
  • Mine every piece of rock from the caves as Maxwell with 4 miners, so you can use for whatever project you may have
  • Summon a lot of treeguards (anyone can do it, but its probably faster with Woodie) in an area of the map and use them to auto kill things.
  • Leave 10-15 of Willow's Bernies in a small enclosed wall area, if you want easier nightmare fuel farming in that area of the map.

3 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

willow ---> willows lighter and bernie

wickerbottom ---> books (you can use "applied horticulture" to farm stuff, then switch back. you can also use "on tentacles" to make a tentacle trap and then switch back)

wormwood ---> spiky armor, spiky traps, living logs

Winona ---> trusty tape

I can use bernie as WX ? It could be fun. I've seen some videos but never tried yet.

Wickerbottom for a quick change, and tentacles will stay, ok. Farming krampus too, I remember seeing the bird method. 

Winona seems the one with a lot of work.

And I dont own Wormood yet, but he's good for my plan too.

I guess theres no so many things, thanks.

18 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

On one hand is the fun of the change of gameplay style, although at such a high day count it won't make a big difference.

A few common usages:

• Winona and the catapults, for easier boss farming, shadow monkey farming, and catapult boats.
  • Wendy and evil flowers sanity station. Full details here
  • Warly for the mass bundled spiced foods.
  • Wickerbottom for mass grinding grass and twigs to last for years. I suppose tentacle farms add nothing at that point in the game, but you can have fun summoning birds and killing them to collect more krampus sacks. If you do it in winter over the right turf, you can also mass collect the feathers required for crafting darts, which you can later use as main weapon with a stronger character like Wolfgang, for massive ranged DPS.
  • Mine every piece of rock from the caves as Maxwell with 4 miners, so you can use for whatever project you may have
  • Summon a lot of treeguards (anyone can do it, but its probably faster with Woodie) in an area of the map and use them to auto kill things.
  • Leave 10-15 of Willow's Bernies in a small enclosed wall area, if you want easier nightmare fuel farming in that area of the map.

About Wendy, Im not sure. What if I use any other character to plant as many flowers as I can and haunt them ? 

You can, and it will also work, the main difference is that Wendy flowers can be placed a lot tighter together than planting them, so their auras will stack a lot more and you will have a MUCH stronger effect.

Planting butterflies has a minimum distance apart, which means that in a certain area you will be able to plant not that many flowers, With Abigail flowers that distance is a lot smaller. The link I included in my previous post has a very useful video made by @lakhnish and it explains how to do it in the most efficient way.

Catapults for bunnymen farm.  Once built on surface and cave change.   Wig for helms make 50 place them in ruins, fuel weaver, dragon fly change.  Wickerbottom bee queen tentacle trap, craft books change.   Max get all rocks you need read books change.  Willow make Bernies change.     It is fun to be all the different characters.  It adds to the game.

Archived