Rainy Summer - Lake at oasis spawned just on last day

I've played on a Klei server some days ago, joined just before start of summer and found an oasis base. It was raining a lot and all the days neither the lake was spawning nor the sandstorm was starting in the desert. I asked in chat and somebody told me it's because of the rain. Last day of summer the sandstorm suddenly started and the lake spawned.

Did anyone ever had a similar experience? I didn't even know rain is preventing the summer mechanics in the oasis desert.

Sandstorms in the oasis desert stop during rain and don't resume until the ground is dry. The Lake only fills up when the sandstorm is active. Antlion also only appears with the sandstorms.

In another thread, players have mentioned starting rain by using moslings. Moslings summon lightning bolts when they do their spin attack, and that increases the rain meter until it starts to rain. They usually fly away during the transition from spring to summer, but apparently this event can be suppressed by freezing them.

14 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Yea, had the same experience with you before, was it Hounds and Huggies? It's a player induced rain to negate Summer's effects like wildfire, overheating etc.(and I hate it) Here is the thread where I asked it.

I don't remember the server's name (I always just choose one with a low ping and don't even look really at the server's name), but thanks for the link to your thread. There have been two other players on the server (a Wicker and a WX), so it could be very possible they caused the rain. I just heard and saw the use of "The End is Nigh!" once, but I don't know what they were doing else all the time (saw the Wicker once in oasis base, filling the ice box with 70 morsel). Next time I will investigate ;)

15 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

I don't remember the server's name (I always just choose one with a low ping and don't even look really at the server's name), but thanks for the link to your thread. There have been two other players on the server (a Wicker and a WX), so it could be very possible they caused the rain. I just heard and saw the use of "The End is Nigh!" once, but I don't know what they were doing else all the time (saw the Wicker once in oasis base, filling the ice box with 70 morsel). Next time I will investigate ;)

It was the same weather station as last time, but this time I used the Moslings to charge myself. But I stayed only for half the summer, so the rain stopped in late summer.

Archived