[solved] Crashes on Lunar Island in a modded game

Hey. After around 200 days of exploring overworld and ruins without a single crash I've decided to go check out the Lunar Island. There, the game pretty much crashes every day. Seems to be rather random.

The thing is I've got a bunch of mods active. I've tried to pick rather mellow stuff, but it's not impossible something somewhere conflicts I guess. Should I bother reporting crashes from a modded game at all? I have absolutrly no idea what it could be that only makes Lunar Island crash.

@Terra
Yes, I have all the mods up to date (Steam subscribed so they update automatically thank goodness) and I have the RoT expansion for the Cherry Forest. It seems to be working very well for me so far :)

@Hornete
Thanks for taking a look. Come to think of it I couldn't pick up any bullkelp, it gave me nothing in inventory once and then apparently it crashed. But I did touch one on the sea and it turned into something else, don't know what. It drifted away.
Hm, let's see what could be potentially touching Kelp in any respect whatsoever...

- Item Info (unlikely, it just displays values?)

- lasting end table decorations (affects the tables probably?)

- adshovel (probably doesn't touch kelps though, it affects specific plants only)

- Waiter 101 (is kelp eatable? no clue, didn't see any)

That's kinda it for anything that looks Help-touchable. Other mods I have:

Actually, I just added them all to a collection. Should be much easier to view than my listing stuff.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1876204954

Spoiler

[00:00:22]: 	LOAD BE	
[00:00:23]: Could not preload undefined prefab (potato_seeds)
[00:00:23]: Could not preload undefined prefab (tomato_seeds)
[00:00:23]: Could not preload undefined prefab (asparagus_seeds)
[00:00:23]: Could not preload undefined prefab (onion_seeds)
[00:00:23]: Could not preload undefined prefab (garlic_seeds)
[00:00:23]: Could not preload undefined prefab (pepper_seeds)
[00:00:24]: Could not preload undefined prefab (kelp)
[00:00:24]: Could not preload undefined prefab (kelp_dried)
[00:00:24]: Could not preload undefined prefab (surfacepottedfern)
[00:00:25]: Could not preload undefined prefab (cherry_stonelampfire)
[00:00:25]: 	LOAD BE: done	

Well that's odd.
The Lunar Island tends to have kelp planted on land in a few places, so it makes sense that you'd start crashing there; you're less likely to have encountered those other items unless you're farming a bunch.

As for whatever happened here...
I'm really not familiar enough with the mods you're using to say for certain, but PickyPickyPicky's last update date makes me a tad suspicious?

I have not farmed anything so it's possible I'd be crashing there too. I've tried verifying the validity of files through Steam, nothing is missing or changed.

What do you mean about PickyPicky's last update? That it's not updated for RoT? I thought it would simply not improve the speed of picking new things - saplings on the Lunar Island are being picked at a normal pace. If it's broken it's broken, but I'd rather it wasn't broken cause it's the one thing that makes big grass/twig farms fun to manage :p I remember back in DS when I played without mods I was literally watching some YT videos on the side while holding spacebar on the farms...

I'm mainly just suspicious of that mod because it alters how actions work with certain items, and all of the affected items happen to be recent additions relatively speaking...not to mention that the actual crash occurs while trying to process an item pickup.

Eh. Been looking around but I'm kinda stumped. If removing Picky doesn't work...hrm.

@maradyne

I think you have cracked this case wide open. It does seem to be a problem with PickyPicky. Turned it off and went to pull some kelps. This time got things from them in the inventory, waited a full day running around, no crashes. Thank you very much! I'll have to wait with Picky for an update or find a replacement. Or get some good YT videos for farming time :p

EDIT: In case anyone wanted a replacement I found this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501385076&searchtext=pick

A bit late but i saw the topic on steam, i just updated pickypickypicky, it works fine on my end now. If you keep crashing and it is related to that mod, get in my dms on steam, i'd happily fix it with you =)

Archived