Regrowth Mechanics in the Lunar Island

Hello, can anyone enlighten me on what are the regrowth, re-population and renew-ability mechanics work on these objects indigenous the lunar island? I'm afraid to turn it into a desolate quarry biome with fissures.

Lune Trees: I know they can be grown by planting moon moths but otherwise is there any regrowth mechanic attached to them or can they get extinct if all are cut and all moon moths perish? Also will moths be extinct if there aren't any more Lune Trees?

Shattered Spider Hole & Shattered Spiders: I guess new shattered spiders can emerge from their holes indefinitely but if you destroy all of their homes, will the species become extinct from the server?

Lunar Saplings: Just like normal saplings I'd bet, can be shoveled to be placed elsewhere but finite. These versions can get diseased too if shoveled and replanted.

Carrat: I really wonder how these work. Are they finite? Do they regrow like Carrots? Do they reproduce? You can shovel them and keep them on a boat or in a fence but will they go extinct once all carrats die?

Saladmander: Same concern with Carrat; how do they reproduce or respawn if they do so. Must some kept alive too keep the species alive like Volt Goats? I once stumbled across a server that was on its 4th or 5th year and the bath section of the lunar island was very lonely without any Saladmanders so I'm afraid they might go extinct.

Stone Fruit Bush: I don't expect a regrowth mechanic here, probably if all burn down or wither to disease, they dissapear forever, but unlike berry bushes you can find seeds to make brand new ones by mining stone fruits so neat, I guess.

Moon Glass: After all naturally occurring ones are mined, is the only way to obtain them throwing a bath bomb in a spring on a full moon day?

Bulb Kelp: Ones in the sea can probably respawn kelp forever but are the ones found on the Lunar Island shores that can be used as a whip renewable? Or are they simply limited whips that get extinct once all are used up? Do more eventually wash up on the shore?

Driftwood: Do these respawn? Is there a mechanic like petrification attached to them? Or are you limited with finite driftwood in a map with some drifting in the ocean and some found in the Lunar shore? It may be toublesome if they are finite, preventing you from making any more oars and winged sails.

Lune Tree Blossoms: are these renewable? One would expect you can farm them by farming the Lune Trees but Last time I planted some Lune Trees via those moths, I didn't get any Blossoms after cutting the trees. Are the naturally occurring ones also finite or is there a regrowth mechanism like flowers?

Sea Bones: Probably another non-renewable object like the bones in the deserts.

Going off of memory here:

Lune Trees

In the event that you've cleared cut the whole Lune Tree forest, desolation regrowth will repopulate the island. (If your world existed before the Turn of Tides update, this does not apply to you, as desolation regrowth for those trees could not be retrofitted, as per one of the patch notes).

However, I do not recommend clear cutting them. Desolation Regrowth is super slow and never really reaches the same density/population of trees the island initially has (from some testing). For that reason, I recommend catching and planting Moon Moths if you're clearing the forest.

Lune Tree Blossoms

They are renewable if your Lune Trees are renewable, as mentioned above. They drop based on the tier of the Lune Tree. (Small is 0.5, Normal is 1.5, Tall is 2).

Unless this has become bugged with Moon Moth planted trees (can't check atm, will check later).

The naturally spawning ones that don't spoil till you pick them up are finite (part of world generation, is best way of saying it).

Moon Glass

As long as Lune Blossoms (and Nitre) are renewable, Moon Glass is renewable (via Hot Springs as you've mentioned). 

This might not be well known, but you can keep bombarding the same Hot Spring during a Full Moon with Bath Bombs to get tons of Moon Shards. Maxwell makes this even easier with Shadow Miners.

Everything Else

Everything else is non-renewable from what I can tell (except for what you've said for Stone Fruit Bushes).

Having a renewable source of Driftwood would be nice though for the reasons you've mentioned.

Edit: Seems like more stuff is renewable than I thought. Read below. :D

10 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Everything else is non-renewable from what I can tell (except for what you've said for Stone Fruit Bushes).

:wilson_horror: *GASP* so when I kill a Carrat or a Saladmander am I cutting up a member of an endangered species?!! That's so cruel.

Thanks for the information, especially multiple bath bombs, I'll try that next time :D 

Driftwood is renewable.

If you've played on a world for some time, you might've noticed cut grass, twigs and broken boat fragments popping up randomly in the ocean. Driftwood logs spawn with the same mechanics; it's just not as noticeable since you expect to find them in the ocean after world generation.

Archived