Woodie's update it's here!

Wonky656

The updates were supposed to arrive at the same time on consoles as on PC. But from the Turn Of Tides which took 4 weeks to arrive I don't know how long Woodie's correct Rework will take ... in Pc it arrived on 9/13/2019 and we are on 9/19/2019 and we still don't know when it will arrive. I fully understand all the work that they have to do and sometimes cannot be done, but pls let them know when the updates to consoles will arrive at least or approximately as with Turn Of Tides.

Console players have to go through a Certification Process that PC players do not, anything Klei changes or updates has to be Approved by Sony or Microsoft before it can be added in.

the Certification process usually takes 1-3 weeks extra time and As such- Klei would rather push out as much content into a game update as they can so it all gets approved at the same time instead of just small tweaks/bug fixes.

as far as I am aware there are only VERY few games that can be updated without going through the pain that is known as the Console Certification Process most those games are either from big time massive companies such as Rockstar games GTA & Red Dead Online, or any game that has a legitimate Beta Branch through (in Xbox’s case the Xbox Insiders Hub)

this is how Mojang is able to update Minecraft without going through the 1-3 week cert process.

Klei does not have a Beta branch for consoles and therefore we won’t get this Hotfix anytime soon.

and if I had to take an Educated guess we likely won’t be getting the Woodie patch until the Salty Dog update. It’s unfortunate, but I can wait!

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Console players have to go through a Certification Process that PC players do not, anything Klei changes or updates has to be Approved by Sony or Microsoft before it can be added in.

the Certification process usually takes 1-3 weeks extra time and As such- Klei would rather push out as much content into a game update as they can so it all gets approved at the same time instead of just small tweaks/bug fixes.

as far as I am aware there are only VERY few games that can be updated without going through the pain that is known as the Console Certification Process most those games are either from big time massive companies such as Rockstar games GTA & Red Dead Online, or any game that has a legitimate Beta Branch through (in Xbox’s case the Xbox Insiders Hub)

this is how Mojang is able to update Minecraft without going through the 1-3 week cert process.

Klei does not have a Beta branch for consoles and therefore we won’t get this Hotfix anytime soon.

and if I had to take an Educated guess we likely won’t be getting the Woodie patch until the Salty Dog update. It’s unfortunate, but I can wait!

yeah, but lately all the small updates about errors came out at the same time as on pc (An example is Warly's next update where they fixed some things).

And I see it weirder being a "controversial" update, since they finally fixed Woodie.
That's more, I just think we'd all be grateful if they gave us an approximate date.

• Developer

Updates that come out on the same day on both consoles and PC have actually been built and submitted to MS/Sony up to a week before that date to make sure they get through all the hurdles for a simultaneous release.

When PC makes a late update/hotfix, like the Woodie rebalance from late last Friday, it has to be ported to the consoles, tested, packaged, tested again, submitted, and pass cert. It's a bit of a process, and can sometimes take up to a week. 

The packages for this update were submitted to cert yesterday, and we'll get them to you as soon as they've passed.

How much longer will we have to wait for the proper update to Woodie? It just feels so broken to not be able to fly over water while in Goose form.

As a result of such- I stopped playing Woodie altogether till he’s all patched up, I’m playing Wormwood now- he’s fun!

• Developer
On 9/22/2019 at 5:11 AM, Mike23Ua said:

How much longer will we have to wait for the proper update to Woodie? It just feels so broken to not be able to fly over water while in Goose form.

As a result of such- I stopped playing Woodie altogether till he’s all patched up, I’m playing Wormwood now- he’s fun!

1.1.35 has been available since Friday. Try manually updating if you don't have it.

3 hours ago, CharlesB said:

1.1.35 has been available since Friday. Try manually updating if you don't have it.

Okay thank you, I may have to uninstall and reinstall the game- my Xbox is in the beta program so it’s constantly updating something.. if I delete it though will I lose my skins and items I’ve collected?

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay thank you, I may have to uninstall and reinstall the game- my Xbox is in the beta program so it’s constantly updating something.. if I delete it though will I lose my skins and items I’ve collected?

Skins live on our servers so those you'll always get back when you sign in, as long as you're using the same Live ID. Settings and worlds are local though, so you might lose those if you wipe everything.

Archived