Adendum to my "Woodie is a fundamental mistake" post. (Thank you Klei)

Addendum to this :

I edited that post, but I wanted to make a new one just to say: Damn, Klei is fast, squeaking out pretty much every single requested fix/buff for Woodie's rework in a day, just in time for Friday the 13th (A night of a full moon, no less!). I'm very happy with the latest changes to Woodie.

I just wanted to make a couple quick updates/corrections on my initial thoughts on Woodie:

1) You don't drop your backpack when turning into Were forms, I was wrong.

This is actually pretty big in context of the Goose form.

2) THE GOOSE FORM

I actually found much better use for the form not in scouting, but returning to base/dashing to key cave/ruins locations. With a full backpack in tow, you could explore the far reaches of the map at any time of day as regular Woodie, and you could use the goose totem for the previously described situations.

However, the form still used up too much of your health and sanity, and barely lasted long enough to get you anywhere effectively. This has now been FIXED.

Walking on water is a neat addition too, with how my latest world gen has turned out it's going to save a ton of time to just skip across the water when running back to base. Wouldn't be opposed to losing a little bit more weremeter when walking on water though, that ones up in the air for me.

3) THE MOOSE FORM

I was judging the Moose form off of its ability to solo bosses. This was dumb.

Walking into the rocky "OH MY GOD THERE ARE SPIDERS EVERYWHERE" biome and coming out of it with 42 silk, 26 spiderglands, and 21 monster meat is a damn good deal, and it makes any sub-giant mob much easier to fight against.

However, the form again still used up too much of your health and sanity, barely lasted long enough, didn't really feel like a worthy investment outside of a one time spider farming use, and felt a little too fragile. This has now been FIXED. Mostly. I think being able to stun bash giant mobs would be a nice addition, perhaps adding an extra damage resistance bonus while charging too, so kiting is a little easier.

4) BEAVER BOYS

This form was just lackluster honestly, I have nothing to go back on for this one.

But again, as with the others forms, this one has been fixed by being way more efficient. I think being able to eat wood to replenish the meter would be a good addition. The form is fine enough on its own.

edit: Honestly I just want the wood eating back for nostalgic reasons, I'm not going to lie. Make a log heal 0.5 health when its eaten, give sanity, extend weremeter, do literally NOTHING, it doesn't even matter to me. It's fine without the ability to eat logs, I'm just being nostalgic.

So all in all, while there are always room for improvements, and I DO think Woodie could use some more small tweaks, the speed and efficiency of Klei's buffs to Woodie are fantastic.

I still agree with most of my thoughts on yesterday, but I think that I, and many others could stand to be a little less trigger happy when it comes to the work Klei puts into this game,.

PS: I initially had no plans to do this since I was happy with my Forge, biker boy Woodie skin and what not, but since Woodie's my main, I'm exceptionally happy right now, and I'm Canadian, I threw some money down:

xcsK7CV.png

Money well spent IMO.

If honest i still in shock about Woodie cant understand is he became better or not. I kinda liked hes only beaver form Woodie and beaver, beaver and Woodie. Staying as beaver long as i want and scr@wing around with him is part what i miss.

Joining in winter to any server. Becoming to beaver who can mine boulder for flint and coop lots of trees open some emergency cave just from cooping some extra wood with axe in human form. THIS is what made him better than Maxwell. Max needs shadows and materials to make hes shedow team only then he overcomes Woodie as gatherer. But Woodie is not a gatherer he is explorer. Don't have light before night? coop some extra trees before night become to old good beaver again and survive it without light. Do you are wet in spring and you have nothing again? Become to beaver sit under tree. No Idols no monster meat i don't like this voodoo stuff.

9 minutes ago, Poebus said:

i mean, its woodie rework afterall developer focused heavily on new beaver forms and removal of log meter

remember how people bashed willow's rework because it focused on bernie more than willow herself

In this case they focused more on moose/goose rather than woodie/lucy

Beaver is a good option if you really don't want treeguards rn. Also since the form lasts SO long, we can more effectively go on a large chopping spree and take even better advantage of honey crystals. Also they nerfed the stumps from 3 to 2 gnaws, which is better than before. And considering how fast the gnaw animation is, it might be okay being 2 gnaws. 

Archived