One point between don't starve and Dst

So I was thinking will one day klei will join both games ? because honestly when Don’t starve game Together or Don’t starve alone, I always feel that lack content. For example I will play dst and there is an item or a change in a character and whenever I will play alone I miss that character or item, same thing with dst. I think if you put together both games it would become something amazing without having to share content or attention for just one game, because after the cancellation of Hamlet 1.0 worries me that.

this is my opinion :p

Problem here is that they won't earn money.

They don't want to introduce DLC content for multiplayer game, for example player A has shipwrecked but player B doesn't, they wouldn't be able to play together.

That's why they make shipwrecked and hamlet for single player.

Only option for them to do that is that if a friend has DLC, they are able to play with them even if they don't have as long as that friend is hosting, they wouldn't be able to start that world on their own.

Also there's pretty much no value in them porting all the items to don't starve as that will just make you less likely to buy DST, i've had quite a number of friends who bought DST just to play on their own for a bit because of the content in it and later with me.

6 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

O problema aqui é que eles não vão ganhar dinheiro.

Eles não querem introduzir conteúdo DLC para jogos multiplayer, por exemplo, o jogador A naufragou, mas o jogador B não, eles não seriam capazes de jogar juntos.

É por isso que eles fazem naufrágios e vilarejos para um jogador.

A única opção para eles fazer isso é que, se um amigo tiver DLC, ele poderá jogar com ele, mesmo que não tenha o tempo que esse amigo estiver hospedando, não seria capaz de começar o mundo por conta própria .

it really seems extremely far, is that in 2013 they talked about giving the best singplayer possible to the players and seeing Hamlet with so much potential being kind of "canceled" in version 1.0 for them to focus on dst is sad at least for me that only play offline. :p 

14 minutes ago, Dexter Khaver said:

So I was thinking will one day klei will join both games ? because honestly when Don’t starve game Together or Don’t starve alone, I always feel that lack content. For example I will play dst and there is an item or a change in a character and whenever I will play alone I miss that character or item, same thing with dst. I think if you put together both games it would become something amazing without having to share content or attention for just one game, because after the cancellation of Hamlet 1.0 worries me that.

this is my opinion :p

No, separate games, separate designs.

DS is optimized for a single player

DST is optimized for co-op and chill.

Klei needs the flexible design space control by keeping both separate, in case they wish to add something to one version, without having to worry it's gonna break the other version.

Altough Klei will have duplicate code and maintenance issues, but don't we all?

16 minutes ago, Dexter Khaver said:

it really seems extremely far, is that in 2013 they talked about giving the best singplayer possible to the players and seeing Hamlet with so much potential being kind of "canceled" in version 1.0 for them to focus on dst is sad at least for me that only play offline. :p 

I'd much prefer if they made hamlet/shipwrecked for DST, i just don't want to play single player when im used to DST and all the content in there, i am forced to play single player because i love don't starve games for shipwrecked and hamlet.

It would be much better if it was all in one but as they don't want to sell DLC for a multiplayer game, that will never happen.

That is also the reason they abandoned Hamlet, DST is much more popular and both games will never be played equally. The more  content they add to DST, the less people will even think of going to don't starve to play shipwrecked or hamlet.

Archived