Someone make a Locate Dead Duplicant for the Heaven Sake

So you lost a duplicant, you know because at one point you had 12, now you have 11. aaaaaand you have no idea where he died... you spend 20 minutes playing the find waldo game and you still can't find it. because well the dead dup has the ability to blend with its environment... like waldo...

It's high time someone fixed that!

What notification? I never seen a notification about dupe dying ever in this game. The notification is bugged as hell, the tutorial notifications keep spawning back, and I often hear critical notification sounds without any accompanying text. Sometimes, not always, I get suffocating notifications when the dupe is almost dead with about 20 real times second left to live, it's like I missed a ton of suffocating notification.

Every time a dupe dies, you get a clickable notification box on the upper left. If you click it, you will be dragged to the point, and you get telled of what it died. 

If you dont get such notifications, maybe a mod interferes. If not, there is something terribel wrong with your game.

Yeah what @SharraShimada said is right. You either have a mod interfering with your notifications or your game is borked. That or your PC isn't powerful enough and your game is running very poorly because of it.

It's definitely something on your end cause I'm running like 10+ mods without any issues. If you're running lots of mods it might be you're using one that hasn't been updated in a while and it's glitching your game.

Then it must have been screwed from day 1 because for all the dupes that died, and that is a lot in my 1000 hours of gameplay, with only 100 hours of that with any mod... I never had a "death" notification. 

I also installed the Pause on notification mod to detect suffocating, just for that....Anyway, that's me with the weird bugs no one ever has... what a effing curse for a programmer....

11 minutes ago, icuurd12b42 said:

Oh... I just realise I turned on debug mode a long time ago because the default fast mode (when I started playing the game) was way too slow for my taste... I'm starting to wonder if that may be the issue. 

Possible but not likley. I used debug before, and it never interfered with messages. 

Yeah, I ran some test killing a few... everything is working as it should now. Super fast or not... I can see the notification and it sticks on the notification list.

I think they tweaked the notification system, definitely the tutorial message are not coming back and items that appeared for only a duration seem to stay longer than before

What if he just disappeared?
In my save a dupe appeared out of nowhere on the other side of a wall in the corner of the map, I just realized why the notification appeared that someone was breathless! I faced it as a gift from heaven

Archived