Left and right clicks.

Could left and right clicking each perform different functions? For example, left clicking could always be move/pick up/examine, and right click always be a use tool/attack. Could be useful for some things, like picking berries/grass/saplings when a shovel is equipped or picking up logs near other trees while an ax is equipped.

Not a bad idea! IT's already partially implemented in the fact that pine cones have a plant/drop function with left and right clicks respectively. Unfortunately that's a little buggy at the moment, but I would be surprised if there weren't plans for something along these lines.

Mmm! While we're discussing multiple click options, I was thinking about the torch...

I'm not a huge fan of the idea of dual wielding items, which is crazy as I'm usually ecstatic about the idea. For some reason, it just doesn't click for me in terms of Don't Starve mechanics. I would love to see Wilson and friends hold the torch in their off hand, however, for the sake of using my other hand for other things whilst I explore the inky blackness beyond my camp.

I've thought this would be a good idea for a while too, but held off on suggesting it because I thought it was too "Minecraft-y", but I do think it would be for the best.

The single greatest reason I'd want this is for the shovel, so I don't have to unequip and re-equip it if I want to pick bushes/grass/saplings before picking them up.

Mmm! While we're discussing multiple click options, I was thinking about the torch...
And on the topic of torches, it would be cool to have the option of manually lighting a tree on fire.

If you drag and drop the torch on the object you wish to burn... Viola! Forest fire. It's so beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye.

Really? I'll need to try this one out. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to set a tree on fire, without causing a forest fire, in an effort to acquire charcoal. Ironically the charcoal was burned up too...