Would my laptop be able to run this game?

Sorry I'm not really a PC guy, but I was thinking of building my own PC very soon. I do have a laptop though. i3-7100U 2.4GHz processor, 4GB ram, 64 bit. Pretty sure these are kinda low end specs. So should I build my PC first or can I try this game on my laptop before that?

Run, yes. Will you have any fun with that laptop? Definitly no. The CPU is on the very low end, what you need for ONI, which will be the main bottleneck overall. 4GB of RAM is barely enough to just run Windows with a few programs, but way to less to run ONI for longer than 1 or 2 hours. 

For example: My 3.2Ghz Quadcore can´t handle the game very well in late game. And the game uses up to 12 GB RAM.

If you just want to try the game: Yes this should be possible. With a few downsides of course, and just on single-speed (not time acceleration) 

And if you´re building a new rig with ONI in mind, keep an eye on heavy single-core power. You may get many-cores now for low cost, but ONI wont run smoother with 32 cores. 

On 8/21/2019 at 9:43 AM, Wonson_ said:

I think I will build a proper PC first for a smoother experience.

If you are going to build a computer and your aim is to play ONI, what you really want to do is getting the best single core performance. Make sure you use a good CPU cooler because you will likely be throttled by temperature, at least for boost performance. Also low latency memory would be good.

Archived