Too many clockworks in adventure mode

I am on the final chapter with rog and shipwrecked installed and on console if that helps

I am in the darkness level of adventure mode and at the end I found a HUGE biome filled with an absurd amount of clockworks that I can’t beat even as wx. This is far to many to even think about fighting and my divining rod is saying that the final wooden thing is somewhere inside. I am not sure how to proceed as if I move even a foot inside I immediately get shot by about 8 bishops. I’ve tried running through to get a better scan of the area with football helmets and log armor but I get stun locked to oblivion almost instantly to the point where I can’t even eat or craft because the animations get interrupted. This is the first time the game has felt legitimately unfair and I’m not sure how to circumvent this. I checked everywhere but there is no other way besides going through this field of death. Any help with this would be be appreciated.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place but I didn’t see anywhere else to put it)

23 hours ago, Internetperson said:

I am on the final chapter with rog and shipwrecked installed and on console if that helps

I am in the darkness level of adventure mode and at the end I found a HUGE biome filled with an absurd amount of clockworks that I can’t beat even as wx. This is far to many to even think about fighting and my divining rod is saying that the final wooden thing is somewhere inside. I am not sure how to proceed as if I move even a foot inside I immediately get shot by about 8 bishops. I’ve tried running through to get a better scan of the area with football helmets and log armor but I get stun locked to oblivion almost instantly to the point where I can’t even eat or craft because the animations get interrupted. This is the first time the game has felt legitimately unfair and I’m not sure how to circumvent this. I checked everywhere but there is no other way besides going through this field of death. Any help with this would be be appreciated.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place but I didn’t see anywhere else to put it)

If you go onto the Don't Starve wiki and look up the chess biome, I included a picture showing you how there can be 1000+ clockworks there in total. Completely ridiculous.

On 17/08/2019 at 9:15 AM, Internetperson said:

This is the first time the game has felt legitimately unfair and I’m not sure how to circumvent this.

I completely agree. I felt exactly the same back in the days when I tried to unlock Maxwell. As far as I know there are only two ways around it :

- restart a new adventure, which will possibly have a less broken last world

- cheat your way through this mess with console commands

the solution i had as a wigfrid was running through the darkness, abandoning my backpack and carrying the Things, a stack of Jerky, 3 Logsuits and a miner hat, switching between a cane and the Divining Rod as needed. Aggroing the Rooks and letting them cause infighting also helped tons.

Archived