Simple way too cool rust deoxidizer?

I'm play Verdante, so I don't have an ice biome. No wheezeworts. Very little algae and what I can dig up easily is gone is a day or two. Same with the slime I'd have to disinfect and distill first. Oxyfern are negligible. I did find a rust biome though so I thought I'd use the deoxidizer. But this thing is cooking my base with the hot oxygen and iron. Apparently that was changed so whatever one can find with Google is outdated.

Is there some early game way too cool this down a bit? For now I think I'll relocate it to the rust biome so that can heat up over time. I do have some coal, so maybe I can do something with the therm-regulator. Like running the oxygen through it once and also dump that heat into the rust biome

It really needs to be simple. I took it very slow due to the lack of oxygen and only have 4 dupes, not much power and no fancy materials.

Yes.

The extremly simple early-game way to cool oxygen is with debris.
Yep. regular debris from the ground, if you're in the forest biome: use dirt. Drop it where you want it with compactors and path the flow of oxygen past it with tiles and it'll cool down to whatever temperature the debris is at. Due to oxygens poor heat capacity, this'll work for longer than you might think.

When I read the title, I thought it's about a deoxydizer that is too cool(/gnarly/tubular/etc.), not about a way to cool a deoxydizer. "Simple, way-too-cool deoxydizer"

Just keep it away from your plants. As long as the heat doesn't reach your plants, you're safe. Don't fret over 60C in living rooms, dupes are only bothered by gases above scalding temperatures, which is about 68C. Except for hydrogen, but you most likely don't have much of that in dupe areas.

Archived