Does anyone else have problems accessing their chest if there's a mini sign attached to it? I've gotten around this by placing the sign a short distance away from it, but it looks stupid to me. When I try to open a chest, the sign is in the way, so it takes away from being able to quickly run up to a chest and grab something. I have you slowly inch around the chest until it's targeted. Not game breaking....just annoying. 

Yeah if the sign is to close you'll definitely have issues accessing the chests, like you i just place them a little further away then i'd like to. However my next world i think i'm gonna go with Brago's setup as i've seen it in many worlds and it definitely works better.

16 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

I too had that problem, so I built my chest area around the theme of signs on the side. This is how I set mine up (yes its messy but just focus on the signs)

-snip

For PS4, that's not messy at all! I'm impressed! Thanks for the display! This will really help!!! 

6 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

Yeah if the sign is to close you'll definitely have issues accessing the chests, like you i just place them a little further away then i'd like to. However my next world i think i'm gonna go with Brago's setup as i've seen it in many worlds and it definitely works better.

Yea, his set up is very nice! 

8 minutes ago, Mindkontrol said:

How do you place so precisely on ps4??

I personally use a pitchfork and use that to gauge distance via turf panels.  

In my storage area I put chests in the corner of each turf and then went back and put more chests in the empty spaces in between previous chests.

42 minutes ago, Mindkontrol said:

I'm always such a time junky, trying to keep things moving, so all the meticulous placement goes out the window. My bases look like those spider webs crafted by spiders on LSD. 

Haha you're not alone. Early chest placement is meaningless for me because I always change my mind. I just end up throwing everything on the ground until I'm good and ready.

Archived