[Mod Request] Quiet Pacu & Batteries

I'm looking for a mod that removes the sound effects on Pacus and batteries.  I thought It would be neat to have water with Pacus in it around my base for decoration.  I was wrong.  Their swimming noise is constant and loud.  The same with batteries.  To make it worse if you have 10+ Pacus in the same relative space the sound effects seem to compound on each other making it louder and more annoying.  I have to put them in dedicated rooms away from my base to keep my sanity.  I haven't found a way to turn off just the splish splish and buzz buzz without turning off all sound effects.  I have tried the environment sound slider and that does not control it.  Thanks in advance.

• Developer
2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

If i may make a suggestion: If you tamper with the sounds already, maybe you should make a general, configurable mod for all sounds.

In the config file a rage from 100% to 0 (mute). That way, it would only need just one mod, and thats it.

I appreciate the request, but as of right now that config file would have about 4000 specific events to tune! I'd much rather spend my time fixing the actual sound of the game for everyone rather than leaving it up to y'all to do it, washing my hands of it, and letting only the people who download the mod get the results (: 

As has always been the case, let me know what sounds are bothersome, send me a save, and I will happily fix it for you and everyone!

It's a good idea, and I'll keep it in mind for the future in case I no longer have the capacity to make those sorts of fixes. Thanks!

And what about a generic mod, that can handle volume for <soundfile> "xx%" in a config? 

I dont know if this is even possible. But that way, it could work as a loop, setting <amount of values set in the config>. on game start. 

Provided a list of ingame sound variables, everyone could fill the config file themselves. 

As i understand the problem, everyone is getting annoyed by different sounds/volumes, So everyone could fill the config with the sounds thats bothering, and the mod author wont have much work with a huge list of variables.

@jambell  I have not really listened to a battery up close, but I find the Pacu swimming to be pleasant/soothing if I need to zoom in a let my base spend cycles on something.

Would it be possible to have a global slider for "Animal Sounds" much like there is a slider for SFX or UI?

Archived