Allow duplicants to "fill" a hole with a material

I think it was already suggested before. But with the new natural reserve and park in the room types, it becomes more and more relevant to give players a way to fill tiles with materials, without having to "cheat" by activating the sandbox mode. :-/

For example :

I want to create a natural reserve here :

20190810223247_1.jpg.d9e17eb78bc98742361edafbf6b2948c.jpg

Once it will be done, this room will be the only way for duplicants to get to there private bedrooms, so that they get morale bonus from the natural reserve.

Currently, there's not enough material to plant much seeds.

BUT !!!

The only way, without activating the sandbox mode, to fill the ground with a material (here it's dirt), is to enclose the room with metal tiles (as shown), put one or more shove vole inside, and wait ... wait ... wait ... a loooooooong time, checking each 3 or 4 cycles if they don't put a tile at a wrong place ...

It's really tedious ... -_-

So please add a way for duplicants to "build" material tiles. So that we could make parks and reserve where we want it, instead of where we can place it. ;)

That would ruin the point of Nature Reserves, you're supposed to preserve a part of the wild, not make an artificial ones. Now there are a few ways to go around it but they're tedious enough to let it stay. You can also cook algae into dirt if you don't want to deal with Shove Voles

I understand your argument. but what about "parks" ?

These are not always natural reserves but a portion of a city filled with dirt, plants and other equipements by humans. ;) 

Honestly, there's enough tedious things to do in this game. ;)

And cooking algae means heating it up to 125 °C ... you want me to cook my duplicants with the algae in the middle of my base ... -_- 

1 hour ago, Gwido said:

I understand your argument. but what about "parks" ?

These are not always natural reserves but a portion of a city filled with dirt, plants and other equipements by humans. ;) 

Honestly, there's enough tedious things to do in this game. ;)

And cooking algae means heating it up to 125 °C ... you want me to cook my duplicants with the algae in the middle of my base ... -_- 

125 C isn't that bad if you insulate it and later cool your base. Shove voles though are really annoying...I think you can control it better with ladders, at least.

Building natural tiles would be really nice. So what, it's not the original map? We already have ways to artificially create areas for this purpose, just make them less tedious, it still takes pips and a lot of time and effort to get a bit of nature.

Archived