PC config and game crashing

Hello everybody,

I bought ONI yesterday and I tried to play some games, but after several minutes (like 5) my game completely crashes and my PC reboots itself.

I checked many forums and threads, and it looks like it's related to the PC configuration.

Here is mine :

image.png.ff9be6043349bed0bcf71d47287b2f23.png

I thought I have enough to run this game. But I just can't play due to crashes.

Is my configuration enough ? Is there a way to solve this issue ?

Please help me, i want to play this great game ! :) 

Thank you

When you are crashing, you should include output_log.txt. You can find it in %appdata%\..\locallow\klei\Oxygen Not Included. Post that file here and hopefully it will contain something, which tells why the game is crashing.

Also forcing the computer itself to reboot could be an indication that the CPU is overheating. ONI has a tendency to run the CPU significantly hotter than most other games meaning if your computer is on the edge of proper cooling, it's possible that it can't cool it while playing ONI even if it can keep the CPU cool while playing other games.

1 hour ago, Nightinggale said:

if your computer is on the edge of proper cooling, it's possible that it can't cool it while playing ONI even if it can keep the CPU cool while playing other games.

One steam turbine on top of the setup must be enough.

I'm having the same problem, Don't Starve Together not the problem, when I play ONI in a few minutes my PC crashes, and just comes back by restarting the button. Here are my settings.

I only use one mod, which is the translation for PT-BR.

I am currently avoiding playing ONI because of these problems.

Here is the log file. 

Captura de tela_2019-08-09_17-32-01.png

Player.log

Note: Creation of internal variant of shader 'Hidden/InternalErrorShader' failed.
ShaderProgram is unsupported, but because jobified rendering is enabled the ShaderProgram can not be removed.

(Filename:  Line: 438)

0:3(12): error: extension `GL_OVR_multiview2' unsupported in vertex shader

Note: Creation of internal variant of shader 'GUI/Text Shader' failed.
ShaderProgram is unsupported, but because jobified rendering is enabled the ShaderProgram can not be removed.

Looks like the game doesn't like your GPU for some reason. It did add 372 null characters at the end, which is a bit weird. Not sure what to make of that.

Other than that nothing really stands out in that log.

Archived