Thermal conduction bug

I currently have a petroleum boiler (based of this design) in my base. However at times the heat transfer between my wolframite door and the diamond window tile goes really well, other times it goes very very slow. I have placed two steel radiant pipes behind them to increase thermal coupling but this does not seem to work. Can someone help me with this?  

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8bcdc525d4046825c3595d1674237c32.png

17 hours ago, Gravity5581 said:

other times it goes very very slow.

I assume the lava <-> door transfer is working great, and that the problem is the door does not react with the above window tile touching petro, correct?  If this is the case, then place an automation bridge, a conductive wire bridge, a gas bridge, and a liquid bridge that connect the window tile with the bottom of the door. That should be way more than needed (one of them should be plenty). I've seen this issue in other places as well (not sure 100% how to predict it yet). 

I've seen this issue mostly when you have doors interact with too few things.  In the metal printing press, I should only need one door to transfer heat, but this issue appears there as well.  The two extra doors on the side prevent this "bug" from occurring.  

metalfalling.png.4605b04b8a0591449d86f814046af660.png

I'm not sure it's a bug, rather it may be that you hit the right conditions in which heat transfer is rounded to zero (as there are odd instances that can occur). Feel free to report it. If it is a bug, they hopefully will look into it. I'm guessing it may be connected to other odd behaviors that happen with doors.

5 hours ago, mathmanican said:

I assume the lava <-> door transfer is working great, and that the problem is the door does not react with the above window tile touching petro, correct?  If this is the case, then place an automation bridge, a conductive wire bridge, a gas bridge, and a liquid bridge that connect the window tile with the bottom of the door.

I tried it with just a gas bridge and it does transfer waaay faster! Thanks for the help. I will probably do some testing to figure out how to make this work best.

Archived