Changing world settings after generation

Is it possible to edit the game files to change the settings of a world after its already been launched? Obviously not things like world size, but I was hoping to turn off wildfires / disease and maybe eventually hounds when they become too much of a nuisance.

Thanks in advance

Hmm. I too would want to know if one can modify world settings after world has been generated. Namely I wanna turn back rain in caves, more precisely to set it to "More" for a time and then back to "None". Would greatly appreciate if someone knows some special console fiddling with mentioned setup, ty!

Actually nvm.

I've opened in Notepad the "leveldataoverride.lua" (DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves) and there you can modify parameters of the world to your wicked heart's content, heh.

For you, OP, I suppose is:

DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master -> leveldataoverride.lua (Cluster_2/etc if your save slot for said world is 2nd, 3rd etc)

... wildfires="none" ... disease_delay="none"... hounds="none" (rare/default/often..)

(Ctrl+f to find them quicker)

Cheers!

Would these commands work in Don't Starve RoG? I'm trying to edit Giants from "default" to "lots" but I get "variable 'TheWorld' is not declared".

I have over 170 days, and have seen maybe 1 of each giant every other season.

53 minutes ago, DaveJK said:

Would these commands work in Don't Starve RoG? I'm trying to edit Giants from "default" to "lots" but I get "variable 'TheWorld' is not declared".

I have over 170 days, and have seen maybe 1 of each giant every other season.

it should work in ds too. try it

Sadly I've tested both manual modification of those parameters and the provided console command, doesn't work - neither.

There is something adjacent overwriting them - there should be another file to modify beside mentioned "leveldataoverride.lua" and/or more parameters to add or extra command to use. Do you have any clue @KoreanWaffles ? (and ty in advance!)

Archived