[Experimental Update] - 356816

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters!

This update adds a new boss, and some new cards! See if you can be the first to beat the mighty Drusk! 

• Added a new boss - The Drusk! This is a random alt for the Shroog fight. Probably needs some balance work.
  • Added three new combo cards: Reversal, Size Up and Specialty
  • Bounty Hunter now costs 1 action, and the bounty argument has reduced resolve.
  • Add back bleed damage to surrender/death preview.
  • Fixed description on scorched_earth_plus2 to include the animosity.
  • Fixed cases where hired party members would immediately leave you.
  • Move prayer_of_hesh to EVENT.BEGIN_TURN, so that all modifiers have already run their BeginTurn handler and removed any composure. Fixes composure bestowed by prayer_of_hesh being immediately removed depending on order of modifier evaluation.
  • Added animated skies to all outdoor plaxes
  • Reworked Cynotrainer. Discard is no longer random and plus2 upgrade lets you choose the card to buff. Also supports multiple buffs and multiple cards.
  • Ipso Facto no longer Expends.  Upgrade option to Flexible Facto, which is cost 1 playable.
  • Fix a couple of quest edge cases that would leave you with extra party members or leave you stuck.

The update is uploading as I post this. Make sure you check the rev number when go to play.

Spoiler

The Drusk shows up instead of the Shroog 50% of the time, so it might be a bit tricky to test it out. There is a fight tester built into the game if you boot it up with the --debug in the commandline parameters. It's not the most user-friendly thing in the world, but you're welcome to try it out! 

Debug mode adds a bunch of options to the start menu, and you can access the command console by pressing ctrl+~

Debug mode is, of course, not officially supported, so expect bugs!

View full update

• Thanks 3

Specialty (1) (10xp): Improvise an attack card from your draw pile. Gain 2 combo.
The upgrades improvise a finisher instead of an attack card. One upgrade improvises one out of 5 finishers, the other gives an extra 2 combo (for a total of 4).

Looks like a step in the right direction for combo decks, although 10xp seems a bit steep.

Reversal (1) (10xp): 4-6 damage. Finisher: Gain 1 counter per combo.
One upgrade deals 2 extra damage, the other gains 2 extra counter.

Seems ok in a vacuum, though not sure if combo decks have much in the way of support for counter strategies. It also values counter a lot higher than most other cards: Rival strike gives 1 combo, but Counter strike gives 3 counter, and both deal the same damage; while Haymaker gives 2 damage per combo, Reversal only gives 1 counter. I mean, I know these comparisons aren't perfect, but it's definitely one of the most "expensive" sources of counter currently in the game. This may not be a problem with Reversal so much as a problem with other sources of counter being too good, though (cf Spined Rebound).

I have not seen Size up yet, so no comments there.

Edited by pacovf

size up is a draw 2 card that gains you combo based on the cost of the cards.

Managed to beat the drusk but those values on the cards are crazy. 18 damage if ignited or 5 to remove it. Hard boss fight a lot harder then the shroog thats for sure. Definitely going to focus on combat in the first 2 days just to be ready if this thing shows up lol. I killed the thing before it could resurrect its friend just curious how much hp it respawns with if you dont.

• Thanks 1

• Developer

Interesting. I might have to tune down some of the vales at prestige 0. I want the Drusk to be slightly easier than the Shroog when all is said and done.

It resurrects its friend with its current HP.

• Thanks 1