Dealing with abyssalite and excess materials

We should have more ways to deal with the insane amounts of abyssalite (and various crap) lying around. Temporarily and permanently. Some rambling follows.

Abyss Bin - It's a storage compactor, made of abyssalite. It stores abyssalite, large quantities of it. Or maybe it's just a very large compactor with a considerable footprint that has many times the capacity of a standard one. Maybe it only holds 1 type of thing at a time.

Smelting - Abyssalite can be refined into Tungsten. This process could generate a lot of heat, be neutral (or mostly neutral) or even subtract heat from the coolant (too imbalanced I guess). Or maybe abyssalite can be smelted into a compressed form of abyssalite. That would require a new recipe for bulk production of insulation, using this new component.

The Abyssalator - (or Dupliverse, Mini Galaxy, whatever) It's a super late game building with a very large footprint, an alternative to venting things into space. It has 3 inputs: conveyor, liquid and gas, maybe 2 of each. Appears as a black hole/minigalaxy enclosed/suspended in something complete with duct tape and sticks holding it. May require power, duplicant operation, a constant supply of hydrogen, may be a recreational building too. It's made of a HUGE amount of abyssalite and various quantities of high end materials and organic matter/seeds. What goes in, never comes out. Poof. Gone. Forever. May spit out things or gifts after X amount of things are eaten/given to the miniverse, randomly, or as selected from a menu, or printing pod style. This may be one of the ultimate discoveries that stemmed from the research conducted by Jackie and Jodi.

As for now only uses (abyss bugs and insulation) use up like 5% of the abyssalite you got at best. Making the thing crushable into sand could work. Maybe a chemical plant extracting tungsten out of it at low efficiency.

I also was thinking about a shove vole variant that can eat abyssalite so that you can recreate natural abyssalite borders

On 7/28/2019 at 9:00 AM, 6Havok9 said:

The Abyssalator - (or Dupliverse, Mini Galaxy, whatever) It's a super late game building with a very large footprint, an alternative to venting things into space. It has 3 inputs: conveyor, liquid and gas, maybe 2 of each. Appears as a black hole/minigalaxy enclosed/suspended in something complete with duct tape and sticks holding it. May require power, duplicant operation, a constant supply of hydrogen, may be a recreational building too. It's made of a HUGE amount of abyssalite and various quantities of high end materials and organic matter/seeds. What goes in, never comes out. Poof. Gone. Forever. May spit out things or gifts after X amount of things are eaten/given to the miniverse, randomly, or as selected from a menu, or printing pod style. This may be one of the ultimate discoveries that stemmed from the research conducted by Jackie and Jodi.

You can dump solids into a black hole. However since I was aiming at FPS boosting rather than gameplay mechanics, I added a storage compactor, which empties itself. No research, no fancy building or anything.

I'm a bit disappointed in the users though. I thought ONI players were supposed to be of the investigating type, yet it seems that after almost two months nobody have noticed the pun in the building text :(

Archived