3 n00b-friendly Rime seeds with the Balm Lily set piece

I've realized my seed was plagued by an overwhelming mediocrity. So I went and checked a few others. Thought I'd share, maybe they'll come in handy for someone else.

All of them are on Geoactive trait (don't know if it matters, but I only left Geoactive, Subsurface Ocean, Slime Molds and Metal Rich. Yes, I know it's cheap, no I do not care, I'm still learning the game, don't bite me :p )

###

Chlorine 2, Nat Gas 2

Cool Steam 2, Water 1, Slush 2, Saltwater 1

Hot pO2 1

Gold Volcano 2

+typical oil/volcanos (3 reservoirs, 5 volcanos on the bottom, possibly some rando minor volcano/leaky fissure elsewhere)

###

Hydrogen 1, Nat Gas 5

Steam 2, Cool Steam 2, Slush 1, Saltwater 4

CO2 Vent 1

Gold Volcano 2, Copper Volcano 1

+typical oil/volcanos (3 reservoirs, 5 volcanos on the bottom, possibly some rando minor volcano/leaky fissure elsewhere)

###

Chlorine 3, Hydrogen 2, Nat Gas 4

Steam 1, Cool Steam 2, Water 1, Polluted Water 2, Salt Water 1

Copper Volcano 1, Gold Volcano 1

6 minutes ago, Siromatik said:

Aren't traits given by coordinates and not only by seeds ?
For exemple 5-FRZ-1542210076-0 in place of just 1542210076

You need to create the right world and then enter the seed. You cannot enter the whole "coordinate" successfully. Due to a bug, you will end up with a different map.

Nevermind, changing coordinates manually doesnt matter (looks like, no change on-screen at least), i have thoses traits with your seeds witch confused me a bit, only the second one given me the Geoactive trait

Metal Poor, Metal Rich, Subsurface Ocean, Slime Molds

Metal Poor, Mixed Boulders, Geoactive, Volcanoes

Metal Poor, Metal Rich, Geodes, Slime Molds

1 minute ago, Gurgel said:

Due to a bug, you will end up with a different map.

Okay thanks thats explain it, wanted to tweak around meh

7 hours ago, Ellilea said:

All of them are on Geoactive trait (don't know if it matters, but I only left Geoactive, Subsurface Ocean, Slime Molds and Metal Rich. Yes, I know it's cheap, no I do not care, I'm still learning the game, don't bite me :p )

If you are removing the trait.yaml files from the worldgen folder, are you able to use the seeds again.  In my experience doing this, once I found a seed I wanted and tried to start a map using it, I would end up getting a completely different world generated.  It seems to work fine for generating the map initially, but I believe the seed acts as if it was generated with a modified world gen.  At least, that seemed to be what's happening.  Hopefully someone with a better understanding can clarify how it works, but see if you're able to use any of these seems to generate new maps that match the initial map that you generated.

I have re-generated the seed I chose without issues. But I have generated them with .yaml files already gone (aside of these 4 I listed) and didn't touch anything there since.

My guess is (and that's not worth a whole lot, mind you) you can generate the exact same Rime worlds if you only keep the 4 traits I had. I did not touch coordinates. I tried to copy/paste them when the update first hit but they did jack all for me. When I replace the seed number in "customize" and click enter, the traits get set to the same ones I had and the map looks the same.

No idea if this helps, but that's all I've got I'm afraid :<

18 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

I have re-generated the seed I chose without issues. But I have generated them with .yaml files already gone (aside of these 4 I listed) and didn't touch anything there since.

Ah. That could be a problem. If the generator looks how many files are there and then selects one with a random number, for example after sorting them, any removals would change that result with high probability. You probably need exactly the same set-up to recreate things and the only easy one reliable one is the default one. 

So I did more testing with this and it appears something has changed.  Previously, when I messed with the traits.yaml files and generated a map, trying to use the same seed again resulted in a different map, even with the same yaml files included.  This was a few patches ago though, so I believe something may have changed with the traits and how the worldgen uses them.  Now I'm able to duplicate a generated map, as long as the traits available are the same.  However, changing the traits available does still seem to change the maps generated from a seed.  So it only works if you keep the same yaml files.

Last Game Update 353289 include :

• World traits should be consistent for the same seed between OSes

Dunno what they've changed, but i still got the same traits as the first time.
Can u give a try (without .yaml files modified) ?

Archived