No coffee for Wigfrid? Fine. She should definitely drink tea though.

Frankly I hate coffee and think it's poorly-balanced junk, so Wigfrid not being able to use it suits me just fine. But I do think she should be able to drink tea, for several reasons.

1. It's squirrel soup. The characters make it clear themselves that the components aren't just a fourth wall gag: Wagstaff calls it a "rodent based broth", Wheeler says you can "barely taste the rodent", and WX remarks that it's "LIQUID ACQUIRED FROM A MEAT MACHINE".
  2. It's less effective, shorter-lasting (as an item), and once relevant farms are in place still considerably more time-consuming to produce than coffee, so letting her drink the latter doesn't completely undermine the obviously conscious design decision to not let her drink the former; it's noticeably inferior and less convenient in every way so will likely be used more sparingly than coffee often is, such that Wigfrid's playing style will remain distinct even in this aspect.
  3. There's only two reasons to drink tea at the moment: either you're deliberately limiting yourself to a Hamlet world and don't feel like playing restock roulette with the spa's pig trader, or you're starting in a Hamlet world and haven't made it to Shipwrecked yet and are just using it here and there until then. Letting Wigfrid drink it would keep it from becoming in the majority of cases at best a stepping stone to coffee, doomed to irrelevancy.

So yeah. Do the thing.

P.S.: Balance coffee better. Seriously. It's a joke.

By allowing Wigfrid to drink tea you are changing very core mechanic of that character. It's not that much of deal. To be honest I played Hamlet 60-70 hours and never even bothered to make tea.

32 minutes ago, FeNniX said:

By allowing Wigfrid to drink tea you are changing very core mechanic of that character.

Disagree. Other characters pretty much run coffee 24/7, and she'd realistically only be able to tea sparingly because of the hassle of making it. Since she can already eat Tropical Bouillabaisse, she's already able to achieve short speed boosts, so nothing changes too too much.

39 minutes ago, FeNniX said:

It's not that much of deal.

k

39 minutes ago, FeNniX said:

To be honest I played Hamlet 60-70 hours and never even bothered to make tea.

Part of my point, actually.

Frankly, Klei could just add another food type like "Drinks" which would include food items like Electric Milk, Coffee, Tea and even Magic Water. Then they would just have to add this new food type to Wigfried´s allowed food types and there we go. They already added a new food type in "Bugs" in Hamlet, so I dont see that as too much of a stretch. The mentioned items arent really food anyway. 

On the other hand Wigfrid is one of the best balanced characters already and this issue really isnt that big of a problem.

Coffee needs a nerf of course but that is another problem alltogether

she says a lot of good stuff about both Coffee and Tea

Coffee Beans: Wigfrid "I take mine Black"

Roasted Coffee Beans: Wigfrid "It smells energizing"

Coffee Plant: Wigfrid "Just add Water?"

Coffee: Wigfrid "Bitter and Pulse Pounding!"

Tea: Wigfrid "I shall consume thee!"

yet she won't drink either,

for Tea at least she should be able to consume it cause it at least requires Two Pikos which are Meat.
similar to Guacamole which also needs to have a Moleworm and Cactus Flesh and is literally a Vegetarian Dish in real life.

19 minutes ago, MWY said:

Tea: Wigfrid "I shall consume thee!"

The wiki is outdated on this; she actually says "I shall not consume it!" now, and says about iced tea, "It contains no the meat!" typo included. Seems like a pretty hasty and lazy redaction to me.

Just now, Faintly Macabre said:

The wiki is outdated on this; she actually says "I shall not consume it!" now, and says about iced tea, "It contains no the meat!" typo included. Seems like a pretty hasty and lazy redaction to me.

haha, guess it seems they made changes, well its no biggie cause its not that special and nobody wants to cook those cute little squirrels,

I just love keeping them around my base and watch them go nuts about anything they can put in their mouths.

squirrel_1.jpg

I'm gonna make a forest now composed of these nutters and those catcoons and observe Nature take place.

Archived