Mod Request: Ultraviolet Lamp (for disinfecting things)

As the title says, I'm wondering if there are any savvy modders out there who would be able to take my idea and run with it to create a mod that adds ultraviolet lamps to the game for the purposes of disinfecting (removing germs from water, air, etc -- anything within the lamp's cone of light / vicinity). With all the germs you have to worry about in this game, I'm honestly surprised that this hasn't been suggested by anyone else (let alone the fact that it isn't a built-in game feature).

I'm fully aware that you can use chlorine-filled rooms as a janky method of disinfecting water and such, but it irks me that a civilization capable of spaceflight doesn't know what an ultraviolet lamp is.

I see a small problem here. If its a gas, like chlorine, this works well. But light? a) one would have to create a different kind of light (UV), and then asign the germ-killer tag to it. It would be nice, but i dont think this will be an easy task.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:37 PM, SharraShimada said:

I see a small problem here. If its a gas, like chlorine, this works well. But light? a) one would have to create a different kind of light (UV), and then asign the germ-killer tag to it. It would be nice, but i dont think this will be an easy task.

I think you could create a building called a UV Disinfector (or whatever) have it draw power and just remove germs from any liquid/gas in it. That would be easier than creating a new kind of light and all the associated stuff.

It could either be an inline module that works as gas/liquid flow through or it could require a certain amount of time.

It would be cool to have it like an arch dupes run through when coming into the base that would disinfect them. Maybe it could make them stop for a second or two and when it lets them through they are de-germified. 

Well, one could have it be that this building has a radius, like the sweepers, but instead that radius is light in which anything in that radius that has germs will...not have them.

Spoiler

But, I'm not a coder...believe me, I tried.

And I nearly destroyed my PC in the process...somehow. :cower:

Archived