PLEASE CHANGE THE MAP (A Bit, at least a bit!)

I'm tired of finding the moleworms next to the frog ponds, and Glommer always next to the Pig King. Maybe throw Glommer in the other red-forest? Make the moleworms their own biom?

For that matter though, could you please add more bioms or something? I love Don't Starve Shipwrecked and Hamlet, I'm aware that you guys want to keep Don't Starve Together different, and that's cool and fine. I like the new characters in Don't Starve Together, they're great as well. But the maps are getting so boring. Everything is so predictable, even when it's procedural generated 'random.'  I know there's the options to use the Don't Starve bioms and other options, but please, can you do something new with the map AND make it so Moleworms aren't always next to frogs and Glommer next to the Pig king?

You're not doing ShipWrecked, but maybe add in boats and islands anyway? You're not doing Hamlet, but maybe add in some of the Hamlet or Hamlet-style monsters?

I'm tired of the game feeling like a grind when I play with my friends, instead of an adventure with mystery and discovery. (Shipwrecked and Hamlet added the discovery process and mystery back into Don't Starve. DST needs (for me and mine) mystery and discovery again!)

Thanks!

Well, presumably all within the boundaries of a Victorian style, which is somewhat of a stiff motif? Though that's exactly why I like it. Deciduous certainly has something quirky about it within the Victorian expression. Grasslands are nice though ultimately reminds me of a retirement home's garden. Which arguably has a hint of old and sad about it. Still something I don't mind, I'd personally be very adamant about keeping the Victorian in any new content.

In any case, yes I agree, the old world generating rules have grown tired. If we could get something new to follow that'd be a great spice of life. I'd suggest not a replacement but another set of randomness, to either follow the current known rules or to follow a handful of new world rules.

Like how Terraria has 50/50 chance of either Iron or Lead to cancel out each other upon worldgen. But instead of just replacing items it's about the entire layout, naturally.

Archived