[POLL] The Ocean's Visuals [UPDATED]

The Ocean has been changed!   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new ocean? (See Page 3)

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Which shore (island-to-sea-transition) would you like the game to have?

• I like them as they are.
    • Shipwrecked style.
    • Other (Reply Below)

• Developer
12 hours ago, Deprecious said:

As i heard Klei said that all the old worlds will be updated when turn of tides hits live, he has all the rights to be concerned about that, because i doubt that the update won't brake any worlds.

please, please tell me anywhere where they said old worlds would be "updated" that would imply that it would delete old worlds.

12 hours ago, Deprecious said:

Yes, because costumers should totally be forced to resort to pirating an older version of the software they paid for.

I disagree, i think we should look forward to adding more content to the game, rather than looking forward to make "changes" to the game.

If new content also didn't feature changes, then the content wouldn't be immersive, also ALSO, I can't think of any other game, that allowed you to play on older versions of the game, "just cause you didn't like the new features" this is the new DST, deal with it.

On another note, turns out Klei actually changed the color the of the ocean at somepoint!

Previously:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.a38ac760d4a44a9f18dc26ac0ba10a9d.PNG

Current (get it):

Spoiler

yohoho.PNG.fea75d933ac64743a0f0e7f3220aa611.PNG

When they did it? I've got no clue whatsoever. I've not exactly been keeping track of how it looked throughout each update. 

That being said, what are your guys thoughts? I know it's not the most drastic change, but I personally think it doesn't look half bad. Though knowing the poll results (which now are a little clunky since it changed while it was still going), I'm still interested on what others have to say about it.

Oh, and if anybody can find out when they changed the water, l'd much appreciate it.

EDIT: got some better pics to show off the difference. Hopefully there is one, and I've just not gone colorblind or something.

7 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

On another note, turns out Klei actually changed the color the of the ocean at somepoint!

Previously:

Hide contents

Capture.PNG.a38ac760d4a44a9f18dc26ac0ba10a9d.PNG

Current (get it):

Hide contents

yohoho.PNG.fea75d933ac64743a0f0e7f3220aa611.PNG

When they did it? I've got no clue whatsoever. I've not exactly been keeping track of how it looked throughout each update. 

That being said, what are your guys thoughts? I know it's not the most drastic change, but I personally think it doesn't look half bad. Though knowing the poll results (which now are a little clunky since it changed while it was still going), I'm still interested on what others have to say about it.

Oh, and if anybody can find out when they changed the water, l'd much appreciate it.

EDIT: got some better pics to show off the difference. Hopefully there is one, and I've just not gone colorblind or something.

Personally I prefer the darker.

I made a new poll to reflect the changes. Plus another one about shores since we seemed a bit indecisive. If you're opinion hasn't changed since you last voted, apologies for making you repeat yourself. Feel free to share your thoughts if you haven't already.   

That being said, thanks to all of you who voted on the last one! I appreciate all 107 of you!

• Developer
11 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I can; They never did, your eyes are playing tricks with you, the watercolor component(what controls watercolor) hasn't changed since the very first release of ToT.

2 hours ago, Zarklord said:

I can; They never did, your eyes are playing tricks with you, the watercolor component(what controls watercolor) hasn't changed since the very first release of ToT.

I checked it out, and something seems to be going on

tempsnip.png.77e52eba8bd07da749c31068bb342797.png

Though my entirely scientific totally not flawed process of taking the darkest and lightest parts of the sea and comparing them could lead to to the same conclusion, the fact that the wave colors are entirely different makes me think there must be some sort of filter at work.

That being said, I'm buggered at what it could be. The screenshot I used for the "before" picture didn't have anything wrong with it. 

Spoiler

9A15A64F49DF56776AE0D73038A87BDCB62C5FAC

compared to some screenshots from today. Even a tiny hit of low sanity (that I could of had from the last screenshot) doesn't seem to change anything.

Spoiler

?imw=1024&imh=542&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

72EED122803B53361A2C21E5933929F1CC7B9082

Both were taken at autumn mind you.

Any idea what could be going on? I'd really appreciate the help.  

• Developer
2 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I checked it out, and something seems to be going on

tempsnip.png.77e52eba8bd07da749c31068bb342797.png

Though my entirely scientific totally not flawed process of taking the darkest and lightest parts of the sea and comparing them could lead to to the same conclusion, the fact that the wave colors are entirely different makes me think there must be some sort of filter at work.

That being said, I'm buggered at what it could be. The screenshot I used for the "before" picture didn't have anything wrong with it. 

Hide contents

9A15A64F49DF56776AE0D73038A87BDCB62C5FAC

compared to some screenshots from today. Even a tiny hit of low sanity (that I could of had from the last screenshot) doesn't seem to change anything.

Reveal hidden contents

?imw=1024&imh=542&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

72EED122803B53361A2C21E5933929F1CC7B9082

Both were taken at autumn mind you.

Any idea what could be going on? I'd really appreciate the help.  

things that could effect the color:
they changed something in the rendering engine.
it was transitioning to/from night.
it was dusk.
low sanity.
probably something else I'm not thinking of.

7 hours ago, Zarklord said:

things that could effect the color:
they changed something in the rendering engine.
it was transitioning to/from night.
it was dusk.
low sanity.
probably something else I'm not thinking of.

Rendering engine maybe? They did some rendering optimization last update. 

It’s either that or some other thing we don’t know about, since none of the in-game stuff are in either screenshot.

Archived