Tallyun    2

Hi everyone,
With the new update coming out I was curious if my world would update with the game?
Will I be able to access the new content on the world I'm currently playing on or would I need to start a new world and lose the progress I've made to access the new content?

Thanks for any help!

• Like 2

lakhnish    1,056
Posted (edited)

As per the Upcoming Content Beta thread:

On 5/16/2019 at 12:39 PM, Bigfoot said:

Will my existing worlds work in the beta branch if I copy them over?
Not at this time. For future updates, we will look into the possibility of retrofitting the new content into existing DST worlds, as we did for the A New Reign updates.

Edited by lakhnish
link
  • Like 2

cannonball 594    185

I think he was referring to a regular world getting the update not a beta world transferring.

as to the original question: I think old worlds will get this update but I’m not sure

• Like 1

lakhnish    1,056
18 hours ago, cannonball 594 said:

I think he was referring to a regular world getting the update not a beta world transferring.

as to the original question: I think old worlds will get this update but I’m not sure

Maybe, maybe not. Probably not likely, as per JoeW on reddit several months back. May or may not change, depending on what happens.

NSAiswatchingus    1,210
18 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Maybe, maybe not. Probably not likely, as per JoeW on reddit several months back. May or may not change, depending on what happens.

True, BUT that answer was provided well before the most recent Roadmap thread in which they said there was still a possibility. I feel like they wouldn't say there's a chance when the original known answer was "No". I guess we'll find out next week!

• Like 1

BeliarBAD    562

GUYS always make a new world after big updates. they change so much which isnt in the update log. for example in hamlet they changed the ruins secret rooms on the update with the teleportato. 

you will miss a lot improvements if you play old worlds

cannonball 594    185
5 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

GUYS always make a new world after big updates. they change so much which isnt in the update log. for example in hamlet they changed the ruins secret rooms on the update with the teleportato. 

you will miss a lot improvements if you play old worlds

the problem is if you have spent 1000 days in a world and you dont want to restart

• Like 2

BeliarBAD    562
16 hours ago, cannonball 594 said:

the problem is if you have spent 1000 days in a world and you dont want to restart

ik that!!!

after hamlet release i started a new world and 3 days later they had the teleportato update. i had a world day 350! all ruins cleared and all cities smashed.

i had to delete my day 350 world and start new