Over-Powered Oxygen Module -- OPOM

3 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

For one tick, hydrogen appears in upper-left corner of electrolyzer, pushing the water to the right.

Never experienced this myself with at least 10000 cycles of running tricked electrolyzers. 

Oil and water must between 20kg and 50kg per tile.

However, I would like to note that I primed it to the capacity of the vent, ie. 2kg gas per tile or less, that's sort of the idea with the vents in the first place. Then I let it build up pressure as it sees fit.

5 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Never experienced this myself with at least 10000 cycles of running tricked electrolyzers. 

Oil and water must between 20kg and 50kg per tile.

However, I would like to note that I primed it to the capacity of the vent, ie. 2kg gas per tile or less, that's sort of the idea with the vents in the first place. Then I let it build up pressure as it sees fit.

Oh! That's my problem, then.  I didn't have enough water.  I had about 300g of water.

26 minutes ago, Ringkeeper said:

how would you prevent (build in first post) an overflow of hydrogen to the oxygen line in case there is a backup? is there any way to do it?

It's a mystery why this is rarely addressed or foreseen in guides everywhere. The solution is simple. Do the exact same thing he does with hydrogen: a mechanical filter for oxygen as well.

Continue piping the main line to a blow off vent in the case that either of them become backed up and you want the other keep flowing. (e.g. hydrogen is backed→both gasses continue through main line→oxygen is passed through oxygen filter→excess hydrogen flows to blow off vent.)

Here's how one of mine ended up looking for hydrogen/co2 in my cold generator room. (blow off not included, instead I used a loop. Bonus: uses two of saturnus' packet stackers for maximum bandwidth output.)

gif.gif.e579b6a913fbc8916e138e9388cb92c1.gif

Archived