Why there is no sanity loss in Cave cleft and pig ruins?

Alexias

Has anyone else think that it's weird there that there is no sanity loss in these two when you continuously lose sanity in RoG cave and ruins?

I feel that there should be there as it will encourage picking lotus flower when you go there and make the DLC is bit difficult.

So what do you think?

Huh, I didn’t know there was no sanity loss.

Anyways, it kind of makes sense considering the enormous size difference between caves and hamlet caves/ruins. It’s like comparing a large public pool to the middle of the ocean. Regardless of how safe you are the mere vastness of the ocean is much more frightening.

I hope that makes sense.

Ruins play the same role as Interiors in HAM, since interiors don't cause Sanity loss that is why Ruins don't either and it seems the devs have not given the Ruins a separate setting then interiors.

in future we may gain this sanity loss and this specially be applied in Cave Clefts.

(its funny how horrifying the room of End Well sounds yet we don't feel even a little bit spooked)

2 hours ago, MWY said:

Ruins play the same role as Interiors in HAM, since interiors don't cause Sanity loss that is why Ruins don't either and it seems the devs have not given the Ruins a separate setting then interiors.

Well player homes regenerate sanity so they kinda did give them separate settings. 

But i don't complain, i like to base in cave clefts and ruins so im fine with how things work right now xD

28 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Well player homes regenerate sanity so they kinda did give them separate settings. 

But i don't complain, i like to base in cave clefts and ruins so im fine with how things work right now xD

From my own idea currently interiors can only provide small sanity bonus which is limited to our home(s) while as all other interiors including ruins, caves in HAM do not cause any effect on sanity,

(The sinkhole on BFB's Island and the caves under do not cause sanity drain either and is possibly the area where your making your base)

They will probably add sanity drain in later updates like the Teleporto which just needed a reskin.

ALSO I would LOVE to have well furnished interiors of our home give us GREATER sanity boost in future!

12 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

Has anyone else think that it's weird there that there is no sanity loss in these two when you continuously lose sanity in RoG cave and ruins?

I feel that there should be there as it will encourage picking lotus flower when you go there and make the DLC is bit difficult.

So what do you think?

pretty sure you lose sanity as dusk and night they didn't make it constant for some reason.

Archived