Food/Health in Winter

So as of the recent update I've noticed that my roasted carrots are only giving me 3 health, where as before they gave like 24. Morsels seem to be less too, though I haven't yet checked the numbers. This has been killing me since winter came on day 12 (adventure mode, no berries) and I wasn't ready. I froze out in the wild and barely made it home, but now I can't heal! Can anyone comment on whether this is a bug or if they changed the health values again?

I don't believe Morsels giving you 30 health and roasted carrots giving 24 health was there intention in the first place, more like a bug that has been fixed in this patch.Come on, the easiest items to get in game *carrots, morsels* giving that much health and hunger? That would be like the new "honey" where it gives way too much health and hunger in the first place.Now though, morsels and carrots are patched, and there values for health and hunger are normal again :)

Ok, if it was too high before then that's fine, I've only been playing a few weeks and didn't realize this was the case. That said, how should you prepare for winter if it comes so early? I was exploring to try and find supplies when it hit, which is why I did so poorly. I've yet to see any beefallo, there are not berries in this world, and the pigs are harder to kill now, especially in groups. I just don't know how I could have prepared much better than I did.

Cooked fish restores 40 Health (nerfed from 50) and they are pretty easy to catch.Just don't try fish at night, those mosquitos are annoying.Also hunting down the Koalefant is pretty good, 8 Meat + Trunk. Trunk Steak restores a lot of health.

Edited by Ruskraaz
additional information