Crash on launch

DTWolfwood

I'm at my wits end...Just bought the game on Steam for $5 and have not been able to start the game without it telling me "Mark of the Ninja has stopped working" when it launches.I've tried everything:Verify Cache, run dxsetup.exe, restarted computer, update windows, unplugged my controller, updated video drivers, uninstall and reinstall, set compatibility to various OS, run as admin, etc.none of it has allowed me to start the game let alone play the game. Every where i search people tell me the problem is fixed! but none of the steps to fix this issue works for me! :hopelessness::hopelessness::hopelessness::hopelessness:Please someone help me with this problem. I've attached my dxdiag infomy Specs at a glanceZ77 ASUS Sabertooth i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz1 x GTX67032GB RAMWindows 7 Home premium 64bitOS runs off a 250GB SSDGames installed on 500 GB HDDRunning a 2 monitor setup

DxDiag.txt

Lemme grab @Brook and see what he can figure out.

Can you do me a favor and check your nvidia control panel, make sure you haven't overridden any settings in there, like forcing antialiasing or texture filtering. Mess around in there a bit and make sure you aren't forcing anything that the might be messing with the game.

Thanks.

• Developer

Nothing jumps out as being a likely cause from the log...Are you able to provide an .mdump file if one was generated?

you should see an .mdump file in the mark of the ninja "bin" folder. This is a mini-dump of the crash, and if you upload that to the forum, I can again take a look and see if that reveals anything more specific about why it's crashing for you.

it didn't generate a .mdump file. the game literally starts black screen, hear the starting sound for about half a second, then white screen "Mark of the Ninja has stopped working."

JoeW was right. Didn't hit the "apply" on the nvidia control panel with the default settings before trying the game again. It works now. Thanks for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

Really appreciate the timely response and help gents. Looking forward to playing this game.

5/5 for customer service

Edited by DTWolfwood

• Developer

Didn't hit the "apply" on the nvidia control panel with the default settings before trying the game again. It works now.

Ah ha! Thanks for the update, glad you got it sorted out :)