Nightmare fuel farm via shadow pieces[ based on new naval update ]

In this video i'm gonna show you how to farm nightmare fuel and other stuffs that shadow pieces drop . we gonno kill 1 bishop + 1 rook and 30 knight. and we get 150 nightmare +30(atrium+sword+armor)! we use gunpowder method.

- Materials:

Spoiler

for killing 30 shadow knight you need
1-an straight edge  to keep them focus on one point
2-41 gun powder
3-star caller staff(or fire staff)
4-32 cutstone/marbel and its blueprints and potter's wheel
5-2 boat kit
6-hambat+armor+healing/sanity item
7-hammer
-- in this video we get :
30 shadow atrium
30 dark sword
30 night armor
150 nightmare fuel

- Instruction

Spoiler

first we kill bishop , second rook , then kill knights with gunpowder. to doing this put statue of bishop and rook on boat and leave alone knight statues on land. the main strategy here is knights can't walk ocean  and stuck on land edge so we can easily gather and focus them to kill with gunpowders , and to upgrading them to level 3 first we must kill bishop and rook in beside of them on boat (but be careful knight have high range to attack so keep distance).you can kill as many as knight you want its depend on your system because its drop your fps .in this video for killing 30 knight need to do 8100 dmg , so we need 41 gunpowder , and because of fire immunity of gunpowder after blasting ,  we need to ignite them separately so we need 2 boat , drop gunpowders on the edge of the ground, put 40 of them this side and 1 gunpowder the other boat side.

*items that dropped on ocean won't be drown so don't be concern.
*I use Lazy Forager for fast collecting but you don't need it and simply can gather items on water with hand.
*before "return of them" update we can't go on water unless we use cheat and also items that drop on water drown but thanks to new update this strategy work smoothly  without  any cheat.
*the level 3 knight has 8100 hp so you need 41 gunpowder , means 2 pack . and each pack after burning has its own fire resistance for the mobs , so must separately explode them and actullay you need 2 boat.
*the rest of the video is just for proving and showcasing.

- UPDATE !

Spoiler

there is a efficient way that you can instantly kill bosses by sinking their boat(credit goes to james bucket see it here and also thanks @Shpee for mentioning that )
- the knights MUST stay on boat ! they walk on ocean so keep their aggro on boat to can sunk them.
- use hole boat and before time run out kill bishop/rook
- you cant burn/deconstruct boat and also you cant ram it becuse knights can walk on ocean and reach you , so before start to fight pierce the knights boat.

- Old and similar ways  :

Spoiler

■ walk on ocean with lurplant and back /rescue command method :
https://youtu.be/Or0B3m7QTYM
https://youtu.be/FXBebzIUuik
■ potter's wheel method :
https://youtu.be/ZoU-GbgZyAI
■ catapult method :
https://youtu.be/jlArfmCEM3Y
■ parallel edge,gunpowder, good timing with orange staff for prevent loot drowning :
https://m.bilibili.com/video/av10152536.html?p=2
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av14454607
■ go to ocean with wardrobe , gunpowder , statue for prevent loot drowning
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av40070761

----------

ask any question down below. and dont forget to like/sub to my new channel . THANKS :D

• Flying creatures and hounds are no longer killed by sinking boats

this farm is still working , even it was patched !

both method are working(gunpowder method and sinking boat )

This methode exists since 2017, and I still prefer the original setup of doing this with parallel straight edge. This way you don't need to either row your boat everytime to get those half drops on ocean or just give up those drops, and also you don't need to tank any damage from bishop or rook. I usually do 40-50 each time and believe me dark swords run out rly fast especially when you farm other bosses regularly. Here's the original instruction video if u r interested.

Advanced shadow atrium farm with parallel edge

And also some screenshots from one of my old servers. I'm not good at gunpowder timing so I'll just die each time and then revive with amulet still worthy for that half of drops imo.

2019-04-10 (30).png

2019-04-10 (31).png

2019-04-10 (32).png

2019-04-10 (33).png

2019-04-10 (34).png

2019-04-10 (35).png

2019-04-10 (38).png

1 hour ago, deerBamboo said:

parallel straight edge

why  there is boat system we still use parallel edge ?! and yes i know its exist before but with this new update you can go on the other side of water without cheaty way ( planting leafy meat/wardrobe to or parallel edge to walk ocean) and dont need to use /rescue command , orange staff or parrel straight to go back . just simply jump on boats !

beside in this new update your loot wont drown , so you dont need put normal statues on the edge of sea or use speciall gunpowder timing ( yea i see all old method ! ) to saving your loots from droping to water.

so this topic not is for, "yea i am the first one" , its for intrducing you the new and easy method , thanks to RoT update .

3 hours ago, Ham3d said:

why  there is boat system we still use parallel edge ?! and yes i know its exist before but with this new update you can go on the other side of water without cheaty way ( planting leafy meat/wardrobe to or parallel edge to walk ocean) and dont need to use /rescue command , orange staff or parrel straight to go back . just simply jump on boats !

beside in this new update your loot wont drown , so you dont need put normal statues on the edge of sea or use speciall gunpowder timing ( yea i see all old method ! ) to saving your loots from droping to water.

so this topic not is for, "yea i am the first one" , its for intrducing you the new and easy method , thanks to RoT update .

I didn't imply your method was copying others or this method isn't good or anything like that so please don't get me wrong. I was just stating parallel edge is still more practical imo and lazy explorer isn't anything hard to get cuz you prolly will already have lazy explorer by the time you plan for atrium farm. And I wasn't talking about cheating to walk on water either that's why the link is P2 from the videos.

As for the drops, what I was saying is "yeah, they won't disappear anymore, but you need to get them from water" which prolly need to row to them and you will also need to row back for the next time so that knight won't be able to attack you. I don't know if you've ever tried to get something out of water. It is super hard at least for me cuz the boat will push the stuff away and sometimes makes it in a wired dead zone that the stuff is just beside your boat but you will just keep walking towards it and never be able to actually retrieve it from water. And the more knights you want to do one time the more effort you will need to retrieve the drops in water, cuz the water and land will most likely have half on each side. So for me I'd rather just go with revive with amulet if I miss the gunpowder timing to save all those efforts. Amulets will pile up from klaus anyway. And I also mentioned, you can't kite on the boat. Well tanking isn't my favourite thing.

This method or many other boat related methods would be much more practical if retrieving items from water like in DS is implemented in DST.

I found the sinking boat method to be difficult as the shadow pieces can just walk off the boat. I also don't like using gunpowder because it's a hassle to get so much of it. Here's my video of a way to kill any number of level 3 shadow pieces in a few minutes using Winona's catapults:

You basically just trap the knights on the ocean's edge until the catapults kill them.

6 hours ago, amethystMushroom said:

shadow pieces can just walk off the boat

yes they walkaway and also stuck at shore but if u put your boat "closely" enough to shore that stick to land , u can sink knights too ! (actually knights somehow related to boat this way)

6 hours ago, amethystMushroom said:

catapults

free but slow.its also a way

----

thanks anyway.

* i added u to my credits.

Archived