[POLL] Thoughts on Abandoning Ship?

Yarr harr fiddle di dee!  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Abandoning Ship be a guaranteed escape from death?

• Yes.
    • No. It should be a chance of survival, like ballphins from shipwrecked.
    • Other (reply below)
  2. 2. Should there be a stat penalty for abandoning ship?

• No. (Only Wetness)
    • Yes. (Sanity Penalty)
    • Yes. (Sanity and Hunger Penalty)
    • Yes. (All Stats Penalized)
    • Other (reply below)
  3. 3. Should you drop your items upon sinking or drowning?

11 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I think that its a perfect way of putting it, if a touch harsh. Polls are for getting quick snapshots of people’s opinions on a topic, you can’t do that effectively if your options are vague and ridiculous. Oh, and you want people to be discussing the subject matter, not telling you “yeah this poll option is the only one that resembles a yes and its bad.”

33 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

-snip-

Alright, I getcha now. I’ll make things simpler when it comes to the actual voting options in the future, and maybe reserve the shenanigans for the posts themselves.

———

Anyway, I noticed a whole lot of people don’t seem to want you to drop your items when you sink.

I could probably get some of the reasons for holding onto items as a ghost; you can recover quicker and you don’t have to sail out to your wrecked ship, but I really don’t see Don’t Starve being the type to pull punches. 

I’d get it a lot more if you still couldn’t repair a boats hull, since you’d be much more prone to sinking, but with the recent patch recovering from any accidental bumps is easy given you’ve packed enough logs or twigs. 

That being said, I’d still like to hear some arguments against dropping items. The feature is still something we’ve not seen at all in Don’t Starve, so maybe we need to handle it differently.  

16 hours ago, X-lem said:

Ya I don't think you should retain your inventory. It should all be lost. That's the risk of taking a boat. Also it's not that difficult to fix your boat and make patches. If you're a bad driver/to lazy to make patches and fix your boat... 

This was actually recently changed, you now drop your items upon drowning. 

Archived