Control scheme Suggestion for Teleporting

Hey guys, don't we all have the same frustration when it comes to "teleporting" in DST. Don't we want the same luxury as PC players and be able to control the range of our teleportation? I have a suggestion I hope the devs consider, and if we get enough community support I'm sure the Devs would at least tinker with the controls a bit to make that function in the game more enjoyable.

There are 2 buttons for "inspect" in the game. 

(Up) on the Directional pad and (∆).

What if instead, we have (∆) as "Manage Inventory" and (R2) will be cast spell in front of player character. Then if the player Press and hold (R2), the player can move the direction of their spell with (R+stick), and cast it when they let go of the (R2) button.

This would allow players or who play wortox to easily cook without jumping, and manuever in combat or around the world more flexibly.

Let me know what you guys think. 

I was thinking something along these lines earlier today, all the spells are usable on the ps4, but not being able to teleport to the more distant parts of the screen is a major hit to the lazy explorer and Wortox. Also I had the hardest time ever using a telelocator on a Varg the other day, I would always aggro it before I could get close enough to target it.

Even if it was something simple like holding R2 (or L2, is that even used for anything?) let you use the right joystick to control the cursor you get with the lazy explorer I think that'd be amazing.

Hm I don’t like the buttons you suggest because triangle is used to inspect stuff from the distance and up for stuff in your inventory. I am up for the idea to trigger something to be able to control the circle but I would rather have something like (press L3 and R3) or something like that. Nothing that would affect that already existing buttons.

18 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Hm I don’t like the buttons you suggest because triangle is used to inspect stuff from the distance and up for stuff in your inventory. I am up for the idea to trigger something to be able to control the circle but I would rather have something like (press L3 and R3) or something like that. Nothing that would affect that already existing buttons.

But that's my point exactly, you don't need two buttons for the same function. They should change it to one button. (Up), nearby an object should inspect it, and when the player is in inventory menu, (Up) will inspect the highlighted item. So with (∆) free, you can move the "open inventory" function from (R2) to (∆), which feels more natural anyways, especially if you've played RPGs on console before, and (R2) should be press to quick cast and hold to manual aim.

Plus, Wouldn't you agree holding (R2) is more intuitive than pressing L3 and R3 together? Imagine the input mistakes you'd have while in combat.

Archived