Upgrading tiles eats mateirals

I've been so used to orders giving us back materials I haven't been checking..  recently I placed a large order of upgrading igneous insulated tiles to ceramic then changed my mind, only to watch several tons of ceramic vanish..  i put in a bug report as this is unexpected.. thought i'd share an FYI  in the event I'm not late to the game on this one :)

2 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

I've been so used to orders giving us back materials I haven't been checking..  recently I placed a large order of upgrading igneous insulated tiles to ceramic then changed my mind, only to watch several tons of ceramic vanish..  i put in a bug report as this is unexpected.. thought i'd share an FYI  in the event I'm not late to the game on this one :)

You sure dupes aren't carrying the missing ceramic?

9 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

You sure dupes aren't carrying the missing ceramic?

nope.    this is a situation where you click on the ghost and can see it contains '400 ceramic'.  click cancel and no little pile of ceramic appears above it. Poof

Does reloading fix the missing mats?  I've done some tests on this myself.  When I build a pipe and it becomes ghosted and not build-able, but still consumes the materials.  When I reload, the mats always seemed to re-appear in my resources manifest.

I don't think that the resources have disappeared, but rather they have already been assigned to the ghost pipe and will never get delivered.  On reload, the resources should become free again.

7 hours ago, Craigjw said:

Does reloading fix the missing mats?  I've done some tests on this myself.  When I build a pipe and it becomes ghosted and not build-able, but still consumes the materials.  When I reload, the mats always seemed to re-appear in my resources manifest.

I don't think that the resources have disappeared, but rather they have already been assigned to the ghost pipe and will never get delivered.  On reload, the resources should become free again.

i will check and see if a re-load fixes the problem, good idea.  as for what you experienced - thats interesting.   in my case the planned tile shows the materials already present when clicked on (400 ceramic, whatever).  expected behavior is the pile to appear above it as usual.

--

did some testing now t hat you gave me the idea  and yes the material is left but is invisible to US not the dupes until reload. I had dupes pick up the invisible materal and place it on a new tile order.. lol

it also applies to normal tiles not just insulated.  i'll update my ticket.

4 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

did some testing now t hat you gave me the idea  and yes the material is left but is invisible to US not the dupes until reload. I had dupes pick up the invisible materal and place it on a new tile order.. lol

it also applies to normal tiles not just insulated.  i'll update my ticket.

if you deconstruct the building that was to be upgraded, the upgrade material will spawn in addition to the original material of the building.

This seems to only be tiles. Upgraded wires, pipes and ladders will properly spawn the upgrade material when cancelled.

Archived