Another PvP Poll

PvP Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in PvP at all?

2. 2. Should DST ever have a DLC that is specifically intended for PvP content and balance?

3. 3. Should DST create a seperate paid for spin-off that is intended for a more PvP focused game?

4. 4. Why don't you play PvP?

5. 5. Should PvP be replaced as a seperate game mode?

I would really like to comment, but at the same time I don't want to effect the results. So keep it coming and then I'll state from what I can see from what people answered. Of course as I said in a prior post on another topic, we are a loud minority on the forums. Therefore this poll doesn't reflect the majority of players who play the game. However it is neat to see what people think and what we can learn from such results.

PvP in dst sucks because in general the combat mechanics are very lackluster which makes pvp basically the same as playing tag.. At least that's how it felt when I last tried it :wilson_ecstatic:! Also, some things are completely broken in PvP like ice staff, panflute, ect.

For PvP to get better there would have to be a big overhaul changing how many things work and making combat much more complex than holding F such as adding sprinting, dodging, a stamina bar to preform attacks, sprint, and dodge, light attacks, medium attacks, heavy attacks, weapon based attacks, special attacks (like Forge), possibly even spells, stuff like that. Which to be honest I don't ever see Klei changing how combat works in dst since it's focused on being a pve survival game, but modders maybe one day.

"Are you interested in PvP at all?

Yes
    No
"

You should also have a 3rd option, "undecided/maybe" because there are "ifs" attached to it, at least in my case (also 'cause of blank batch samples).

"Should PvP be replaced as a seperate game mode?" - you mean a mode with different balance from PvE? Aka PvE remains with current track of ANR2 re-balance while PvP should have different and strict mechanical re-balance (nerfs and such) - basically 2 separate re-balances for PvE and PvP respectively?

4 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

"Are you interested in PvP at all?

Yes
    No
"

You should also have a 3rd option, "undecided/maybe" because there are "ifs" attached to it, at least in my case (also 'cause of blank batch samples).

That was the problem with the other poll. If you're indecisive, don't vote. When you go to an election, you don't have a 3rd option saying, "undecided/maybe" or "I don't know".

4 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

"Should PvP be replaced as a seperate game mode?" - you mean a mode with different balance from PvE? Aka PvE remains with current track of ANR2 re-balance while PvP should have different and strict mechanical re-balance (nerfs and such) - basically 2 separate re-balances for PvE and PvP respectively?

Yes.

Archived