Wheeler's special items should respawn for world hopping

Currently when you play Adventure Mode or do World Hopping, Wheeler's special items wouldn't respawn if you don't bring them with you.

That's the major disadvantage for Wheeler especially for Adventure Mode. As for other characters in Adventure Mode, they can always bring 4 stacks of items to the next world, while she only can have two stacks since the other two slots must be left for her special items, otherwise she'd lose her special items in the following worlds. 

By comparison, if Wendy doesn't bring Abigail's Flower or Warly doesn't bring Portable Crockpot for world hopping, the game would always spawn another for them. This game mechanic also solve the problem of losing character's exlusive items by accident in some situations (like being eaten by Lureplant), in this way they won't lose their perks.

But as for Wheeler, if she lost her exlusive items by world hopping or any accidents, they're forever gone since they're uncraftable.

This should be fixed by one of these methods:

1, The game should check if her exlusive items could be found in the current world when loading. If not, game should spawn her exlusive items again.

2, Or make her exlusive items craftable. Like Warly's Chef Pouch.

10 minutes ago, maxiaogua said:

Currently when you play Adventure Mode or do World Hopping, Wheeler's special items wouldn't respawn if you don't bring them with you.

That's the major disadvantage for Wheeler especially for Adventure Mode. As for other characters in Adventure Mode, they can always bring 4 stacks of items to the next world, while she only can have two stacks since the other two slots must be left for her special items, otherwise she'd lose her special items in the following worlds. 

By comparison, if Wendy doesn't bring Abigail's Flower or Warly doesn't bring Portable Crockpot for world hopping, the game would always spawn another for them. This game mechanic also solve the problem of losing character's exlusive items by accident in some situations (like being eaten by Lureplant), in this way they won't lose their perks.

But as for Wheeler, if she lost her exlusive items by world hopping or any accidents, they're forever gone since they're uncraftable.

This should be fixed by one of these methods:

1, The game should check if her exlusive items could be found in the current world when loading. If not, game should spawn her exlusive items again.

2, Or make her exlusive items craftable. Like Warly's Chef Pouch.

rn we got the chance to craft bundling wraps so IMO this is not a problem...

just craft 4 bundling wraps and move to the next world

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

rn we got the chance to craft bundling wraps so IMO this is not a problem...

just craft 4 bundling wraps and move to the next world

Yes technically you can use bundling wraps for Adventure Mode, but if you don't have that in mind or forget to bring your exlusive before moving to next world, you can get never them back and that's the problem.

Also you still can lose your exlusive items by accidents like being eaten by Lureplant in a sandbox long run.

And it's quite unfair since the game always spawns for other characters (Wendy, Warly, Woodie, etc), in fact Wheeler is the only exception.

This is actually because Klei forgot (like a lot of the little things they tend to miss in DS these days...) to add the "character-specific" component and "irreplaceable" tag to Wheeler's items, that would've made them respawn with her.

EDIT: Just a correction I'm gonna make here, its actually the local guaranteed_inv string that Wheeler needs to have in her file with her items in it to have them respawn with her, not the "character-specific" component (which makes it so the item despawns if its not in the world of its character) or the "irreplaceable" tag (which makes it so Lureplants and Krampus won't steal the item) on the items. I was pretty tired when I made this post initally so I had gotten this a bit confused then. Anyway that's it, just correcting myself here.

7 hours ago, maxiaogua said:

Yes technically you can use bundling wraps for Adventure Mode, but if you don't have that in mind or forget to bring your exlusive before moving to next world, you can get never them back and that's the problem.

Also you still can lose your exlusive items by accidents like being eaten by Lureplant in a sandbox long run.

And it's quite unfair since the game always spawns for other characters (Wendy, Warly, Woodie, etc), in fact Wheeler is the only exception.

I see your point.. 

I agree.. 

1 hour ago, Portmanteau said:

This is actually because Klei forgot (like a lot of the little things they tend to miss in DS these days...) to add the "character-specific" component and "irreplaceable" tag to Wheeler's items, that would've made them respawn with her.

Oh I see, thanks. Hope Klei would fix it soon.

On 30.04.2019 at 11:09 PM, KCDA said:

Wagstaff's don't either. (I mean I'm enjoying my Adventure Mode perma-blind Wagstaff playthrough, but this still should be fixed.)

Aren't all his items craftable? If so, they should not be respawned when lost.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:09 PM, KCDA said:

Wagstaff's don't either. (I mean I'm enjoying my Adventure Mode perma-blind Wagstaff playthrough, but this still should be fixed.)

I think you should report this separately in the bug tracker.. The first goggles should have the  irreplaceable tag indeed. 

Archived