Wagstaff's visor missing water resistance and an equivalent to Gas Mask

First of all, I think that Wagstaff is an incredible character both from a design standpoint and he has so many little gadgets with cool and improved gameplay.

Some things, however, need a bit tuning.

- Visors are the only helmet-like type of head gear he has and it would be cool if they cool have weather resistance and here is why..

Even tho all his head gear doesn't get affected by fog and that awesome.. after the fog is gone.. u need a quick way to dry off

In Hamlet we only get access to Umbrella + head OR body gear to quickly achieve this while is still raining

At the moment we don't have a viable solution to do that on the go cuz the visor only has basic protection but no weather resistance, even though it's a full coverage head piece

20190421155514_1.jpg.21d045b8d083cf8c8dde1b6324aedec8.jpg20190421155516_1.jpg.1cbc21fe52b678018de815064367e3c4.jpg

... if the visor was to receive a bit of water resistance like a football helmet (20%), key word helmet covering the full melon xD, we could do this in rain while drying off

20190421155142_1.thumb.jpg.f28d905cc6548196403242be65d6a132.jpg

compare here with a football helmet

20190421155212_1.thumb.jpg.bfeed6ca8708883fd92736c81a4b30ab.jpg

2. Wagstaff needs an analogue to the Gas Mask and here is why..

you got 2 alternative... pretty much duke it out and take the hp hit if the ruins entrance isn't that far

20190421160341_1.thumb.jpg.3ad37f36957444c64936db41ed7ee6aa.jpg

or enter the toxic jungle practically blind

20190421160607_1.thumb.jpg.69cf3a3ab5ff0e6a6eda663c8ddcf95a.jpg

we already got the Gas Mask, but it can be a bit dangerous not to see clearly what's happening specially when that area is full of mobs

Additionally, some people feel like a prolonged exposure to Wagstaff's blurry vision can cause headaches, which is a valid concern to have full Wagstaff's exclusive masks so you have absolutely no need to use any other head equipment under any circumstances.

I rather have the devs add a new mask than change the whole blurred vision as a feature cuz IMO it's so meta in trying to understand how shortsighted people struggle and in-game I find all his confusion very insightful with many funny lines and some lore...

So there it is... 

---

@Nikulic had a clever remark I didn't foresee and I think it's fair to add it here.

Since the Gas Mask has lenses, this change could be done directly to the existant Gas Mask instead of designing a new one. 

1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I like the idea of the tin head protecting from the rain, and the idea of a gas mask variant for him.
Though, the fan still exists.

but u cannot really take the fan with you to the toxic forest, right?

ergo the need of his own gas mask.. also to help the people having headaches with the blur thing

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

but u cannot really take the fan with you to the toxic forest, right?

Lol, I meant the fan for the rain. It works really well.
The gas mask helmet would still be needed on the other hand, so it's a good idea.

1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Lol, I meant the fan for the rain. It works really well.
The gas mask helmet would still be needed on the other hand, so it's a good idea.

got me confused there xD

sure.. but it's way more logical to add a bit of water res... the visor does cover his full melon xD

and a fan is then another item you have to carry

yeap... own gas mask is needed indeed

what about a refuelable headwear item for Wagstaff that places a fan on his goggles? It would be able to negate the effects of both hayfever and the gas rainforest similar to a portable oscillating fan while also drying him off. Would definitely help with the wetness problem, while also providing a way to mitigate the blurriness from not wearing his goggles in favor of wearing a gas mask or football helmet. 

2 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

what about a refuelable headwear item for Wagstaff that places a fan on his goggles? It would be able to negate the effects of both hayfever and the gas rainforest similar to a portable oscillating fan while also drying him off. Would definitely help with the wetness problem, while also providing a way to mitigate the blurriness from not wearing his goggles in favor of wearing a gas mask or football helmet. 

that would be OP dude

I'm only asking for his own gas mask so he doesn't have to enter the toxic jungle almost blind... mitigating the season challenges would break balance

I still believe the most sensitive and logical change is give 20% water res to the visor and a new gas mask

14 hours ago, Nikulic said:

They just need to update the gas mask since it has lenses that wagstaff should have no problem seeing through. another variant of a gas mask just for wagstaff is unneeded imo

This is fair point I didn't consider.. 

I agree with u... TX for bringing that up

edit--

btw i think the change to the visor is still important.. 

the visor cover the whole head anyways and it would be the analogue of the football helmet to dry off with an umbrella

Archived