Hamlet's lamp inside caves

As of now Hamlet's lamps only provide light during dusk and night, so inside caves they don't provide it even in complete darkness until its day time . 

Do you think Klei should make them produce light inside caves all the time when placed in dark spots, or should they be left as they are now? 

20 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Do they constantly work in the Ruins? The Ruins are considered to always be nighttime.

Lamps constantly work in the ruins, and shops can be entered at any time, but you can't buy a thing. Pigs never leave their homes and guards don't carry torches

Edit: nvm at some point they can't be entered anymore

Edit 2: Eartquakes can happend inside buildings and rocks will fall inside

11 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Lamps constantly work in the ruins, and shops can be entered at any time, but you can't buy a thing. Pigs never leave their homes and guards don't carry torches

all of this is absolutely perfect!

'cept for the buying part, that's obviously a bug,

I personally think Lamps should act in caves/ruins like they do during aporkalypse.

Just now, MWY said:

all of this is absolutely perfect!

'cept for the buying part, that's obviously a bug,

I personally think Lamps should act in caves/ruins like they do during aporkalypse.

Well i don't know if anyone wants their pigs to never leave their homes , but those and the shops can be keept in caves and they will work as usuall 

On 4/20/2019 at 11:50 PM, Hx380 said:

As of now Hamlet's lamps only provide light during dusk and night, so inside caves they don't provide it even in complete darkness until its day time . 

Do you think Klei should make them produce light inside caves all the time when placed in dark spots, or should they be left as they are now? 

Caves have pretty much the same weather as overworld..That's why you in the overheat the caves and ruins in summer and Woodie transforms into Werebeaver on full moon.. Ruins are always nighttime as @TheOnlyGuyEverindicated

so it makes sense lamps don't work in the caves during the day in darker sections even if it's technically dark

vs

in the ruins when it's always nighttime by default and shopkeepers don't work at night either

39 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Caves have pretty much the same weather as overworld..That's why you in the overheat the caves and ruins in summer and Woodie transforms into Werebeaver on full moon.. Ruins are always nighttime as @TheOnlyGuyEverindicated

so it makes sense lamps don't work in the caves during the day in darker sections even if it's technically dark

vs

in the ruins when it's always nighttime by default and shopkeepers don't work at night either

I know how its supposed to work, but its kinda dumb that they don't produce any light in the darkness when the pigs are out and afraid :/

I guess its fine with the ruins, but it really feels weird in the caves

32 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

I know how its supposed to work, but its kinda dumb that they don't produce any light in the darkness when the pigs are out and afraid :/

I guess its fine with the ruins, but it really feels weird in the caves

it's not weird cuz they follow day cycles.. that's my whole point xD..

If you wanna farm pigs in the caves just place the pig houses near a lightbulb plant.. in DS they give permanent light (No dormant state like in DST) as long as you don't harvest them

20190422183830_1.thumb.jpg.5d7dc9b239209728b397f84e688f057f.jpg

Archived