Jumping to the next world

Pardon my ignorance here, I am fairly new to the game and even newer to the community so I hope I don't come across as too much of a noob.

I have put the wooden thing (or teleporter as I have come to call it) together in almost every game I've played, but I've only ever used it once. I have read in a couple different posts people refer to it as "moving on to world 2". I guess I have a few questions about teleporting and I hope you guys can help:

Is there a reason I should do this? Am I hindering my progress if I choose to stay where I am? What are the pros and do they outweigh the cons?

I know it says I can take my things with me, what about my camp and my chests and my farms and my bees and Chester and my machines and my garden? I worked really hard on these things and I feel like I'm setting myself back by leaving them. Is it worth it?

Thanks so much for your input!

If you're on Adventure mode you totally should use it. But if in Sandbox i'd recommend to simply try to rack up as much survived days as you can until stuff starts going real bad and you die. (Maybe not getting ready for winter in enough time?)

For every time you teleport the game gets harder; more traps more enemies and less resources each world.But for now it does not serve a real purpose, but they will soon ad an ending to the game and the only way there is through the teleport.And you can bring everything you have in your inventory/backpack except for the eyebone and chester.

Pardon my ignorance here, I am fairly new to the game and even newer to the community so I hope I don't come across as too much of a noob.

I have put the wooden thing (or teleporter as I have come to call it) together in almost every game I've played, but I've only ever used it once. I have read in a couple different posts people refer to it as "moving on to world 2". I guess I have a few questions about teleporting and I hope you guys can help:

Is there a reason I should do this? Am I hindering my progress if I choose to stay where I am? What are the pros and do they outweigh the cons?

I know it says I can take my things with me, what about my camp and my chests and my farms and my bees and Chester and my machines and my garden? I worked really hard on these things and I feel like I'm setting myself back by leaving them. Is it worth it?

Thanks so much for your input!

The only reason yet, is that you can generate a new world with all the resources you can carry. That's actually all it does now, as there is no "end" yet. Also, if you play in adventure mode, it gets harder.

So, if you really worked HARD on the base and you don't want to lose it..

Well, let's just say: It's basically like you would die, only that you keep the items in your inventory. It has no use at the moment.

And don't apologize for being a noob, we have all been there :D

PS: Most people call the teleporter "Teleportato" (as in teleporter+potato, because there is a potato in the middle)