2 or more possible bugs found qol mk3

Hey guys my game crashed exactly when i clicked into the message " skill point earned (4)". And that actually happened twice so yeah seems likely. " crashed again the same way" // aparrently solved on latest update

Fish feeder continuosly reseting its options, i wanted to feed only tropical pacus but on reload or leaving the area for a awhile it resets to let all critters eat.

Dupes getting sick non stop into polluted oxygen areas even without germs and using exosuits. // aparently solved with the latest update.

The Antigravity Burrow.sav

21 minutes ago, natanstarke said:

Fish feeder continuosly reseting its options, i wanted to feed only tropical pacus but on reload or leaving the area for a awhile it resets to let all critters eat.

All pacu variants eat the same(algae) so if you set tropical pacu other fish will be selected as well. Unless something changed about the pacu diet in the new patch.

13 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

All pacu variants eat the same(algae) so if you set tropical pacu other fish will be selected as well. Unless something changed about the pacu diet in the new patch.

This seems really weird though but thanks :).

On 4/12/2019 at 3:49 PM, natanstarke said:

This seems really weird though but thanks :).

It works the same for creature feeders - if you select a food that other creatures eat, then all will be checked. 

It's not like you're choosing to feed wild pacus, you're choosing what you want put into the feeder. That said, it isn't initially intuitive. Unless they add fish that eat other things, the fish feeder should really just have an "algae" checkbox. Anything else is redundant.

That seems like poor design choice, why doesn't it have a drop down of "food" choices then showing which critter eats what under each item? I never knew you couldn't feed different critters different diets from one feeder until reading your comment. 

While they're changing it, it would be nice if they could fix how buggy the feeders are. If you select polluted dirt dupes and sweepers will fill it to 1999 and get stuck in a loop of trying to max it to 2000 and never doing so. And when selecting what foods you want the feeder stocked with the feeder itself at times will show "no filters selected", meanwhile you still have the options open clearly showing some are checked. 

4 hours ago, situpc said:

If you select polluted dirt dupes and sweepers will fill it to 1999 and get stuck in a loop of trying to max it to 2000 and never doing so.

It`s beacause it offgasses losing mass. Same would happen if you put in slime. You need to have enough pressure around to prevent that from happening.

As for food it`s best to make a small CO2 pit or you risk the food spoiling in the feeder. It also needs a higher priority than the fridge or they will never deliver anything. Oh and limit the mass of the food so they don`t just feed everything to critters (dupes can`t eat from feeders). Especially if you are feeding shinebufgs that eat like 0.3kg/cycle.

4 hours ago, situpc said:

That seems like poor design choice, why doesn't it have a drop down of "food" choices then showing which critter eats what under each item?

The critter food selection is barebones. It`s funcional but pretty hard to use. I`d rather see it organised by resource types (if you know what each critter eats) or each critter having it`s own cathegory and morphs as supcathegories.

3 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

It`s beacause it offgasses losing mass. Same would happen if you put in slime. You need to have enough pressure around to prevent that from happening.

I didn't know it worked like that, I thought it was essentially spawning gas. So it will only offgas up to a certain amount? Is the amount of pdirt in storage always decreasing because of this? 

3 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

As for food it`s best to make a small CO2 pit or you risk the food spoiling in the feeder. It also needs a higher priority than the fridge or they will never deliver anything. Oh and limit the mass of the food so they don`t just feed everything to critters (dupes can`t eat from feeders). Especially if you are feeding shinebufgs that eat like 0.3kg/cycle.

Right now I'm just on non-edible food for hatches but thanks for the tip for when I eventually get to shinebugs!

10 hours ago, situpc said:

I didn't know it worked like that, I thought it was essentially spawning gas. So it will only offgas up to a certain amount? Is the amount of pdirt in storage always decreasing because of this? 

The pdirt can change into gas entirely if given enough time but if the gas pressure around it is above 1800g/tile it prevents ofgassing. Works like that for every ofgassing material (slime, bleachstone and oxylite).

Archived