Can't corner built tempshift plate?

I'm trying to hurry and build everything in this survival base I wanted to experiment with before the new update comes out and was working on @Dyrewulfe 's oil to petrol boiler but ran into a snag as it will not let me corner build a temp shift tile.  I can corner build a block or a window tile but not a temp shift?  Has it always been this way?

The trick to getting them to diagonal build tempshifts is the dupes need to build them from a specific spot.

The spot with the ladder here. 2 tiles up and over from the spot where you want the tempshift at. Either a ladder or a block to stand on should work.

image.thumb.png.f41e4cf5c72798148025f5ef7925437e.png

9 hours ago, Dyrewulfe said:

The trick to getting them to diagonal build tempshifts is the dupes need to build them from a specific spot.

The spot with the ladder here. 2 tiles up and over from the spot where you want the tempshift at. Either a ladder or a block to stand on should work.

Well good freaking grief, I would NEVER have figured that out!!!    Thanks for the answer!  I ended up putting in a steel metal tile instead but that's not what I wanted.  

Archived