Suggestion: use Gas Grass instead of Tungsten for the Advanced Cure

I'll preface this suggestion by acknowledging that we don't know what will qualify as a severe illness, and as such can't speak to the intended balance of the most advanced medicine currently in the game.  That said, requiring tungsten - a finite and valuable material - to make it feels off.  I would suggest instead using gas grass, which is currently hard to obtain, difficult to grow, and of very limited use[1].  Again, it may be that the most advanced illnesses will need cures long before we reach space travel, or it may be the case that an infinite supply of this advanced medicine would imbalance the game.  If either is the case, feel free to disregard this suggestion.

[1]  Gas grass' only use at the moment is to feed gassy moos, which is essentially an end-game vanity project with little in the way of practical application.

While i agree gas grass needs a use, making it a requirement for something that you`ll need before rocketry might not be a good idea. Instead add it to a recipie for some sort of vitamin booster or stat booster pill that will benefit your dupes in the lategame.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

While i agree gas grass needs a use, making it a requirement for something that you`ll need before rocketry might not be a good idea. Instead add it to a recipie for some sort of vitamin booster or stat booster pill that will benefit your dupes in the lategame.

Yeah, that's the unknown balance implication I was referencing.  If there's a fatal disease in the asteroid that we're not going to be able to avoid then delaying the cure until space exploration is obviously a nonstarter.

Archived