Ranching Skill on QoL mk3

I was picking duplicants when I noticed that Ranching actually says it does something now.  As I recall, it didn't say anything before.  I personally don't have time to run experiments though.  I was wondering if it had an effect now, and if that effect is worth it. 

Faster tending speeds would be nice, but in any realistic looking ranch (that isn't just a very tall narrow room), a lot of the grooming time is the critter actually moving to the station.  (And now I accidentally go in to a suggestion on an edit).  I think it might be better if Groomed duration increased with ranching level rather than groom speed. 

@natanstarke But that's kindof the beauty of the new skill system isn't it? You can multi-class dupes. Even though you will no longer have a dupe able to do *everything*, multi-classing is still a very real thing. Having a dupe be *only* a rancher would be a waste of a perfectly good dupe. And if you've got morale to spare, then he/she can spend their spare time digging, researching, cooking, etc. Cooking will probably be what I do, since they will likely be the ones collecting eggs and slaughtering critters.

Oh, and can we get a slaughter critters job?

A lot of my rancher's time is wasted calling a critter to the grooming station. Would be nice if ranching skill could give critters a run buff.

6 minutes ago, nonoxyl said:

A lot of my rancher's time is wasted calling a critter to the grooming station. Would be nice if ranching skill could give critters a run buff.

That could look weird though.  The critter is wandering around and then the level 20 rancher calls and the critter warps to the grooming station.

11 hours ago, Zarquan said:

That could look weird though.  The critter is wandering around and then the level 20 rancher calls and the critter warps to the grooming station.

Well when your favourite rancher that has special level 20 dog treats shows up, you're going to be sprinting towards them for that quality grooming time lol.

In comparison to a level 1 stinky with sticky hands and no knowledge that critters like dog treats.

Animals do that stuff in real life, they go crazy for their favourite humans lol.

Archived