Opened a polluted water vent at starting biome border. Please help

Hi guys. I'm not an ONI pro by any standard. And this world seed (215552452) got me a polluted water vent by the left border of the starting biome. It also has fewer than average copper ores so digging that way to get to that really big mass of iron ore was my best bet. After mining the iron ores, I was supposed to build my coal generator plant there. The empty tanks by the border are for germ-free polluted water, and sieved water from the former. The coal plant's carbon skimmer and other germ-free PWs would go to that tank. Rightmost tank is for contaminated water from my future plumbed washrooms.

What options do I have? I'm almost done with all tier 3 research. If I need to dig through slimelung-infested tiles, what should I do for safety and disease management? I've never handled a geyser before, let alone a polluted type. I cringed when food poisoning germs reached 5.9 million in a few seconds.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 4.51.05 AM.png

You can use that PW geyser for all your oxygen production needs, and never need any other oxygen production station.  The idea is to put the PW in bottles, which then off gas into PO2 quite rapidly, which you can deodorize. There are lots of posts with ideas about this. One such is @Yunru's MOGOM. Here's a link to most recent version of this. There are tons of others you can find if you google PW off gassing. I personally like using this option for strength training. 

On a side note, I have no idea if the new germ system will cause problems by breathing in fp germs. If it does, then you'll first have to clean the germs (liquid reservoirs in chlorine do wonders) before you turn it into oxygen.

4 hours ago, mathmanican said:

On a side note, I have no idea if the new germ system will cause problems by breathing in fp germs. If it does, then you'll first have to clean the germs (liquid reservoirs in chlorine do wonders) before you turn it into oxygen.

By liquid reservoirs in chlorine, that means transferring the PW in a place pressurized/gassed with only chlorine, right? Or does that imply some additional machines for cleaning germs?

Also I just read something about this ridiculous "borg cube" but I can't find any details about it even from Google search. Can you tell me what it is in a nutshell? I just presume it's a hell of an exploit

Archived